Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Winter Holiday

Surprise! A post during the week! This post is brought to you by 9 inches (and still falling) of snow, resulting in school closure. So, let's work backwards: images from this morning's winter wonderland.



More Remy, in a poorly lit setting last night, in front of the fireplace at my brother's place:
He's wearing his Santa Scarf. Adorable.

Sunday evening, I took my mother to the ballet:
Really beautiful and entertaining. The music alone is worth attendance!

Lastly, Sunday afternoon I made my last Jaali Bean Coconut Lentils & Rice and broccoli for work lunches. I only needed three, but now who knows - final exams were to have started today through Thursday. I'm not sure how they'll be re-scheduled!
I hope you are all having a great week, and I'll be back this weekend with more holiday fun!

9 comments:

  1. Remy is too adorable in his scarf! As I curse the rain and grey of Seattle, seeing your pictures reminds to that it could be snow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! Yes, snow is more annoying than rain, but happily it only snowed the one day and has been melting ever since, with all of our sunshine!

      Delete
  2. So nine inches shuts down the schools. Thought you guys could handle anything. At least you were prepared to be snowed in with your Pancakes and Pup. I hope the make-up day doesnt take away from your Christmas break.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't - this was a heavy, wet snow and the snow plows were not sent out, as the weathermen said 2-4 inches were expected. We squished all of the finals onto the remaining days, so it was a little tight for the students - but we managed!

      Delete
  3. That's a lotta snow!! But somehow an unexpected day off makes it easier to deal with :)
    Remy is too freaking cute for words. The nutcracker ballet is literally my favorite ballet ever ever ever- the music, the costumes, everything! I usually catch it at Lincoln Center but screwed up this year so they only had the insane expensive tix left... :/
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love The Nutcracker as well! They offered a discount for teachers, but I still splurged on mid-range tickets - and ended up in the last row of the orchestra! Awesome!

      Delete
  4. Yay bonus post!! I cant believe youve had that much snow already! Altjough annoyijg it sure is pretty and a perfect excuse for some snuggle time with sweet Remy! That scarf is too much i love it! Im glad you enjoyed the ballet with your mom :) you are so festive, i love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! So proud of myself! I hope to do the same this week, with a post on Wednesday. I've been so festive that I haven't had much down time, and I'm a little tired. Ha ha!

      Delete
  5. Remy looks so snuggly! I saw the nutcracker for the first time at Lincoln Center last year since I was a kid and I didn't remember that ballets had no dialogue LOL. Great music though, and the dance of the sugarplum fairies!!

    ReplyDelete