Saturday, December 26, 2015

Merry & White

I spent the rest of Christmas Eve, and through this morning, at my parents house. Even though I live 25 minutes away, having a mini holiday and spending half the day in one's pajamas makes the big day extra relaxing!  A few photos from Christmas Eve:
Remy, gazing at the family tree - perhaps eyeing his new ceramic food bowls under the tree.  ;)

Homemade minestrone soup and snack tray for dinner:
It started snowing in the morning, and continued off and on throughout the day.  I forgot to take a picture of my plate (TJ's Turkeyless loaf, candied sweet potatoes, steamed green beans with toasted almonds, bread), but here is the tablescape and the evening snow:

Lastly, Shen had asked for about my gifts.  I asked specifically for stud earrings, jewelry cleaner... And a wood floor mop. Ha ha! I know, so practical.
As you can see, there was also a necklace (two actually - I was wearing the other one), a gift card, and socks. Not shown: the mop. 

Looking forward to the second week of vacation, but not necessarily a New Year! My goodness time keeps moving too quickly! Holy moly! See you soon, hoping your holiday was wonderful!

10 comments:

  1. I love Remy! I'm glad you had a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, VP! It was super relaxing.

      Delete
  2. Aww that pic of Remy is too cute!! Sounds like a nice, relaxing holiday!! Looks like it definitely ended up being a white Christmas, but you were.warm and cosy in your pjs :)

    The jewelry is all really lovely! They have great taste :) can't go wrong with Starbucks either.

    Enjoy your week off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want this second week to never end! I'm loving this laid back schedule, and having energy and time to workout.

      I wish we could send some of this bitter cold and snow out of the state, I'm already dreaming of warmer weather! Cozy is good...but then you have to leave the house and scrape your windshield, runny nose, black ice... Yeah, I'm over it!

      Delete
  3. You can tell there are visions of sugar plums just from looking at the back of Remy's little head.

    Thanks for sharing the tree, gift haul and tablescape. Dont think I would ever ask for a mop as a gift, you dont like a Swiffer? but I did once ask for a peppermill. Guess Remy isnt mopping the floors well enough with his body.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is a little love bug, and he is getting a lot of attention these two weeks. Ha ha!

      Unfortunately what I really need are repairs around the house. But that isn't something one can "gift". I do use a Swiffer, and Remy does his best, but I need the floor to actually be cleaned from shoes when I have people over. ;)

      Delete
  4. Lucky you with all that snow! I'm so ready for some. It was a nice quiet holiday, but it didn't really feel like Christmas with the 60* day we had!
    Glad you were able to fully enjoy it. The soup looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Um, you can it. We are entering week three of snow and bitter cold. We're in the middle of a stretch of days where the low is close to zero, and the high is in the 20s. I feel like this is February weather, not December!

      Delete
  5. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Cute photos. :-)

    ReplyDelete