Saturday, December 12, 2015

Merriness Continued

Operation Best Holiday Season Ever is still in full swing.  Cookie party #1
Purchased only a few items for decorating (including the two foot tree) my house:
My weekday lunches were red, green, and white - also very Christmassy.  Red quinoa and basmati rice blend, steamed kale, Happy Herbivore Mushroom Gravy.
Coconut Milk Latte from a colleague friend, sitting on my desk.
This next week is pretty packed, so you can expect either two posts or one big post next weekend! 

I was supposed to go Christmas shopping today, but it has been snowing since 10am and is scheduled to continue until midnight. Remy has assisted with laundry, a few episodes of "Vikings", and is currently swaddled (my idea) in a blanket on the couch. This is the life, folks! See you soon...

8 comments:

  1. I love that Starbucks has coconut milk! Remember the dark days when you could only get soy or rice milk, and that was if you were lucky! I love your little tree!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! The "dark days", so true! I prefer almond milk but I guess we can't be picky while we wait for everyone to figure it out. ;)

      Delete
  2. kale and gravy sounds delicious. the red quinoa are pretty in the salad too.
    Did you get to eat any of the cookies you decorated? it sounds fun - i;ve been meaning to bake cookies for the holiday, but i've been busy and also lazy...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't have any of these cookies, but I will on Saturday - as we will have vegan ingredients!

      Delete
  3. Best holiday season indeed!! I love how festive you are, even in your meals! The cookie party sounds like so much fun, as does a quiet evening at home with sweet Remy. I can't believe you have snow already.... it's still so warm here! Although I guess that is probably more of an anomaly. I hope you enjoy the rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been much more social than it usually is, but you'll hear no complaints from me - I didn't do a single holiday anything last year, so I'm making up for it!

      We've had a mild winter until today - the city has essentially shut down! I think we'll finish at about 10-12 inches by tonight, but today is a snow day!

      Delete
  4. I was gonna ask if there were any vegan cookies, but I see there werent. still fun to ice and sprinkle them. We watched the first episode of 'Vikings' but couldnt get into it. Guess you have to have some viking heritage to appreciate it. Just a couple more weeks till Lady Mary returns...

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cookie decorating part is always the most fun- for eating cookies I usually go for a different kind anyhow.
    I tried the coconut milk at Starbucks a few times- i usually get a "misto" (aka cafe au lait) but somehow i prefer it with soymilk. I read that due to nut allergies Starbucks will likely never offer almond milk- but it's popular enough now that a good number of other (better) coffee shops do have it here now. Geez, I remember the "dark days" growing up when I couldn't have milk and the only choice was that beany plain chinese style soymilk from the special hippie store!
    Enjoy the blanket cuddling and tv shows :)
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete