Sunday, December 20, 2015

Countdown to Christmas

After the unexpected snow day, the holiday activities resumed! Wednesday night, I stayed out way too late seeing a friend in a play, and attending the reception...
Thursday night Christmas shopping (I'm now all done!)
Friday night, I skipped my work party and went to my neighbor's house for a small neighbor party.  Here's Frankie warming himself in front of the heater vent.
A gal at the end of the block made edamame with ginger and chilies. I brought some home! So yummy!
Yesterday, I attended cookie party #2, and made frosting with powdered sugar, Earth Balance, and water. The cookies were homemade, and included a vegan batch! I ate four, and felt sick. (It might have been helped by the three glasses of wine, as well.) 
The Christmas tree at their house was very festive as well!
And now the last four days until Christmas! I can hardly believe it! I plan to post on Wednesday, sharing more holiday cheer.  I feel so fortunate this year to be in good health, and to be fully embracing the season.  See you soon!

13 comments:

  1. What a bummer that the Wine and Cookies made you feel sick. Hope you kept it all down.

    Love Frankie's little rug and the gorgeous Christmas trees. Hope you post what goodies you get this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. His rug, and his lounging before the heater vent is absolutely hilarious! Ha ha! What a character!

      Too much wine and sugar just makes for a yawning, comatose, belly ache!

      Delete
    2. OMG it's a rug! I really thought that dog just had a really cool hairdo.

      Delete
  2. Frankie is so sweet! That tree is so beautiful and cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think my friend and her husband really did well with the tree - just beautiful!

      Delete
  3. You are so festive, I'm loving it!! The cookies are too cute but I'm sorry you felt sick because of it. How nice that you are so friendly with your neighbors too.

    That tree is so beautiful and hooray for a Frankie pic!! I'm sure you must be so excited for winter break as well. Any fun plans other than Christmas festivities?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are four of us on the block now that within 10-15 years of each other, and all very friendly! It makes for a great block! Of course with one of them having a serious boyfriend, another one wanting to turn her place into a rental... Who knows how long everyone will be here!

      It still seems too good to be true, all of this extra time off!! It has been mostly family the last few days, only a couple of friends getting together!

      Delete
  4. Hooray for embracing the season - I'm so far behind with Christmas, by the time I catch up it'll be Easter! That tree is a beaut, and those cookies are pretty lovely looking too (But Frankie wins the cute stakes hands down!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sad it is almost over. The. I'm going to have get back to reality and responsibilities, darn it!

      Delete
  5. The edamame looks wonderful, I'd love to get my chomp around them - I can totally see why you brought some home with you. Your tree is so festive. Happy Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shaheen! Happy Christmas! The edamame were delightful!

      Delete
  6. I've never thought to make edamame with red pepper flakes AND I HAVE NO IDEA WHY!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never made edamame, and now must do so! They were so good!

      Delete