Sunday, October 11, 2015

Six Day Work Week

Not a fan. Humans cannot have one day of a weekend and be expected to function. This upcoming week will feel just as long, as we have two afternoon/evenings of conferences. I'm doing my best to keep this guy happy:
(This is one of his "I'm in need of attention, so I will be naughty" actions!)

In addition to the Teriyaki Tofu, stir fry veggies and millet ramen, I continued the theme for the remaining three days. Another bag of stir fry veggies, TJ's Soyaki sauce, and quinoa.
Otherwise, the usual breakfast:
 My first Pumpkin Smoothie of the season:
 And this afternoon I caught up with a friend, with a Bhakti Chai made with Soy Milk.
I hope to pop in at least once this week, but no promises... Once I make it to next weekend, life improves significantly! Hope you are well!

10 comments:

  1. Ugh, I'm there with you... How is october so crazy??? The make ahead meals are so important, good call on that delicious soyaki from trader joe's- it makes anything delicious! I was actually just there stocking up on desk snacks because i hate eating dinner at work yet can't really wait til i get home at 9pm to eat...
    What's in your pumpkin smoothie?
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Soyaki is awesome. Yeowza! 9pm... I'll stop complaining now! Ha ha!

      Delete
  2. I'm studying five days a week and working one at the moment, so I'm very much in empathy with you. It's not good, and it doesn't make me happy. What's your secret for decent millet? I can only ever get it to cook in two ways - sloppy and watery, or rock hard. Getting something edible seems beyond me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh, what a busy schedule, Joey! These were millet ramen noodles - easy enough! I haven't tried traditional millet yet.

      Delete
  3. Isnt Remy allowed on the chairs? Poor lonely little fella;-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Couch, arm chair, bed....yes! Dining table and chairs - no! He isn't allowed on the chairs because he instantly jumps on the table. Naughty!

      Delete
    2. Might need to put the chairs up on the table like restaurants do at night to mop the floors.

      Delete
  4. Oh no, Remy's face!! You can see the sass all over that expression. He is way too cute though.

    Six day work weeks are not fun! I hope you do get some time to relax at the end of it! At least treat yourself to some more chai and maybe something yummy from Native Foods ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh there was no resting last week. Two 12 hour days back to back, plus a busy week in general. This weekend has been great though, and I have tomorrow off! Yay!

      Delete
  5. I so admire your portion control; I'd eat all of those containers in one sitting for dinner.

    ReplyDelete