Sunday, October 18, 2015

Another Long Week

I am so blissfully happy in this moment, this weekend.  Yoga, massage, time with friends, naps, groceries... And I have tomorrow off (compensation day)!  Last week was another dreadfully long, painful week - about 46 hours of work (and recall that I had only one day off last weekend).  I hardly remember it, but I did take a few pictures:
 I made a spinach, mushroom, tofu ricotta, and Daiya Mozzarella lasagna for my lunches last week. It was good, but watery on the bottom (probably from the frozen spinach not being fully drained or the mushrooms).

Dinner three nights was the same: kale salad with Maple Balsamic Dressing (Happy Herbivore recipe), and sweet potato roasted in maple syrup and cayenne pepper.
  
Remy did not love this week. Here he is, mad at me, on the window sill. (He has since forgiven me for having to work long hours.  Frankie and his mommy came over for visits when I was gone.)
 Friday afternoon, I embraced my freedom by running a few errands including a trip to Whole Foods, where they carry my new obsession:
 A trip to TJ's included an impulse buy:
Plus my frozen favorites, like the Mandarin Orange Morsels.  Which I served over kale salad, while still warm.
 The gnome's tree stump in the backyard is looking very autumnal.
This afternoon I prepped Tuesday-Friday's lunches.  I used the Goan Coconut Curry Sauce, simmered with tofu and spinach, served over potatoes and peas.
What fun do I have planned for tomorrow, you ask? Yoga class and a small group personal training class, a few more errands, and... absolutely nothing else.  Remy. On my lap. Doing nothing. Yay!

See you soon!

10 comments:

  1. I need to try that seltzer! I've never seen cream soda flavored seltzer! The tree stump is so beautiful!
    I'm glad Remy has forgiven you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a great flavor, I hope you try it!!!

      Delete
  2. Everything looks amazing! Awwww the pup pic! LOVE pup pics! The seltzer sounds great, too! And that steep stump is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a long road to forgiveness, but luckily Remy is not a cat, which we know would never forget the busy week. Ha ha!

      Delete
  3. that's a great first sentence to read - very glad to hear it! You definitely deserve it. And hanging out with Remi and drinking cream soda seem like a great way to spend some free time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss the long weekend already! I'm so grateful for the brief break.

      Delete
  4. The Lasagna looks great. Couldnt just tip the pan to drain it? a little Spinach Water wouldnt slow me down one bit.

    So nice that you bought yourself flowers. TJ's is so great for little gifts for ones self (like Pumpkin Butter and Orange Morsels).

    Hugs to little Remy. Guess it is too expensive to put him in Doggie Day Care?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh that lasagna, yum!! It looks so amazing! So does the orange morsels dish. I hate that I can't eat orange peel. The gnome door is so cute, I'm so glad it survived the rough weather you had earlier in the year. I'm so happy you have been able to treat yourself to some beautiful flowers and pumpkin butter. You have been working so much you deserve to treat yourself :)

    I hope that you are doing well and that things will hopefully calm down for you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor Remy; I've seen that look for sure. You may be busy, but your meals are beautiful and nutritious. Go you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lasagna is a great idea! Mushrooms can give off a lot of liquid if they weren't cooked before adding them... Funny that i live in nyc and yet have never seen that seltzer! Sounds delicious. That's great you get a comp day, sounds like you need it. That tofu lunch is a good one, i need to find some of that simmer sauce asap
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete