Thursday, September 10, 2015

Winging it in the Kitchen

It's all different today! I started with Vega Vanilla, added a frozen banana, a spoonful of peanut butter, and almond milk.  Interesting, but not going into regular smoothie rotation.
Last night, I was short on time and ingredients, so I winged it - baked potato and zucchini fritters. Served with ketchup. Not my best, but good enough I'll the rest tomorrow. Followed by a peach.
TJ influenced dinner, with Crispy Chickenless Tenders and BBQ sauce.  I again winged it and tried to make a peanut dressing with TJ's Organic Valencia Pb, ACV, water, Sriracha, and agave. I toss some kale in it, and called it a salad.  With a little more tweaking to the recipe, I could see myself making it again.
Tomorrow is Friday, and I'm happy about it! Ha! See you this weekend...

4 comments:

  1. I'm in complete agreement with you on the weekend - may it arrive soon and stay long. I like the look of the fritters - fritters just make everything good. They're always my standby for 'this vegetable looks like it might go off soon and I'm not sure what to do with it...'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the Chickenless Tenders. How I loved them with Heinz- 57. Your Sauce sounds pretty fancy. I guess to go with the granite counter tops. You made it through the four days! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm all for peanut butter in smoothies! I love to add it to a smoothie with frozen strawberries, vanilla protein powder and almond milk- tastes kind of like pb&j :)
    I agree that all veggies as fritters work well, and ketchup - obvs heinz, no need to acknowledge immitators- just works with near anything.
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you branched out! The fritters look and sound really delicious. Fritters are one of my favorite things to make. You can make so many variations and I love that. Your kale salad sounds so delicious! Peanut dressing is the best. I haven't used my powdered pb in a smoothie yet but I should. Maybe in banana ice cream… with chocolate ;)

    I hope you are enjoying your weekend!

    ReplyDelete