Sunday, September 27, 2015

Caught Up

The work week persists in kicking my butt.  I might need to switch my weekday posts from Tuesday/Thursday to Wednesday only or a combo of the two.  Tuesdays have become my long day, and the day seems to end around 9pm.  Happily, we had a four day week last week - but I worked for six and a half hours on Friday from home.  As gross of a day off as that sounds - I've had a "normal" weekend, doing no work yesterday and today!

Last Sunday, I talked about a Spanish Rice inspired work lunch and here's how it looked:
I made a Banana Frosty from Happy Herbivore (it was too much - I'll use only one frozen banana instead of one and a half next time!)
During my Friday workday at home, Frankie came over as his human had a long on-call shift.  He and Remy had to entertain themselves while I wrote lessons on the computer.
Whole Foods cold bar and juice bar:
Saturday morning Farmer's Market purchases: roasted Hatch chiles (I'm making enchiladas today for work lunches! Will show results soon), and huge sweet potatoes.
It came to my attention late yesterday that it was National Pancake Day.  I made up for it this morning:
I think now you are all caught up on my life! The next three weeks are very full (family in town, six day work week as we are required to attend 8 hour training on a Saturday, two 12 hour days for parent/teacher conferences...), but then life calms down until the holidays.  I'll be here when I can, but I'll be sure to take pictures randomly in case we need another catch up post!  Hope you're having a great weekend!

10 comments:

  1. Gah, I'm feeling you all the way with work kicking your butt - a change in schedule means that I'm now having to be a lot more organised with my life and make lunches to take to work and all that sort of thing, so I'll be borrowing your lunch ideas - alas I have no Whole Foods in the vicinity. The doggie picture is so sweet - the perfect capturing of two hounds who wish you were able to play!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, organization is key when busy! Hopefully I can get back to success on all fronts soon.

      Delete
  2. I love the snoozing dogs picture! I can't wait to see how the enchiladas turn out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were unimpressed by me, so I guess they took to entertaining themselves with a nap! Ha!

      Delete
  3. The Pancake looks as pillowy as the sofa the Pups are crashed on.

    Sorry you are so busy, but it looks like you are keeping yourself well-nourished.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Remy is pouting today, with my return to work and all. He doesn't seem to understand that I still love him, but must leave!

      Delete
    2. Oh the guilt of being a working mother! I know it well.

      Delete
  4. Awww sweet Remy and little Frankie! I love that they are best puppy friends. So freaking adorable.

    The spanish rice looks so great! You did an awesome job with that and the pancakes look heavenly. I'm always really behind on these national whatever days. Oops! I've been meaning to roast some sweet potatoes and regular potatoes but just haven't. Because I'm lazy. I need to fix that!

    I hope that things all calm down really soon! Sounds like you definitely deserve a break!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The rice turned out well enough, but I was so sick of eating it after day three - I must remember to switch it up! Ha ha! I'm going to roast the sweet potatoes with maple syrup tomorrow night - should be yummy!

      October is going to be nuts, so I'm trying to take it one day at a time. Thanks for the encouragement! :)

      Delete
  5. OMG Frankie and Remy are TOO CUTE in their respective snuggles!

    ReplyDelete