Thursday, August 20, 2015

Work Retreat

Webster defines "retreat" (when used as a noun), as a place of quiet mediation and relaxation.  This was our third year participating in a mountain "retreat" with colleagues. Yesterday and today we had meetings and team building activities aplenty.  I'm so tired. I'm retreating to my bedroom in just a moment.  Ha ha! 


We have more vegetarians and one more vegan (total of four!) on staff, and the food has never been more displeasing. Ha!  Lots of white bread, beans, and salad.  My principal did make "healthy" sopapillas (no lard or crisco). I ate four. Sooooo good.  Cinnamon and sugar after they cooled to "warm".

My thanks to you for the encouragement on my previous post! I'm still not certain about the longevity of this hobby, but I suppose the answer will reveal itself in time! xoxo

10 comments:

  1. Yikes, I'm sorry I'm so far behind! Got sick so that has just rendered me useless for a few days. During my stay cation. Woe is me, ha!

    So annoying that they don't have better options for you but oh those sopapillas look amazing! Yum!

    Now to see what this new hobby is about!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So I didn't realize until after the fact that this "new" hobby is actually an old hobby of blogging… oops! Anyway, I wanted to re-iterate my comment on the last post (written after the original comment here) that we would miss you so much if you stopped and we love reading your posts!

      Delete
    2. We (the veg teachers) have had a pow wow about how to remedy this in the future - it can be so frustrating! The sopapillas were definitely the highlight!

      I write and blog to share my thoughts with others, so as long as people (or one, or two individuals at least!) seem to engage - I'll be around (I think)!

      Delete
  2. I missed your previous post, but I agree; we want you to keep blogging. Also, meal prep is one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathy D! Thanks for taking the time peek in and comment. It's so hard to know if people read the content, or are looking for reviews on the Vegetti Spiralizer (I get a lot of that! Ha ha!).

      Delete
  3. I remember making those Fried Donut Balls with Bisquick when I was young. Rolling in Sugar and Cinnamon...come to think of it, they probably werent vegan. Oh well, the retreat always has picturesque views.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have one stereotypically annoying vegan colleague who harassed my boss endlessly during the dough making process. Ha ha! It is a nice view, too bad we were "bonding" the whole time with meetings and such.

      Delete
    2. those types of vegans give us all a bad name.

      Delete
  4. It seems like the more vegans/vegetarians at work, the worse the options are getting! I feel your pain. But, I also have never gotten sopapillas, so you're still winning.

    ReplyDelete