Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Searching for a Rhythm

I think I've described it like this previously: summer break transition goes from being the boss, to unemployed.  Going back to school is like being unemployed to being the boss.  I'm still trying to figure out my sleep, workout, and eating schedule - hoping that I can get a rhythm nailed down by the end of next week.  This morning, I chose to snooze and didn't have time for breakfast.  Late morning, I started to work on lunch:
 Quinoa with zucchini, tomato, sweet corn and shallots over kale.  Delicious.

Once I came home for work, I was really craving a smoothie. 
Banana, blueberries, and Vega Vanilla Protein & Greens

Dinner with a Remy tail in the background.

All of the meals were delicious.  Full time classes resume tomorrow.  Wish me luck!

8 comments:

  1. Good luck! Everything looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smoothie YUM and the CousCous...YAY! Glad I stopped by from Vegan Peace's site! Nice place you have here. Will you be doing Vegan MoFo? I will once again! Swing by my place when you have time...I'm at MyBlissfulJourney.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jennifer! I wish they hadn't moved it to September a few years ago, as October would be doable. September and May are the crazy months in teaching, so I just can't add more to my plate. I'll be reading along, though!

      Delete
  3. That's a great analogy! I can see how the transition would be really difficult! I know you'll get into the swing of things though.

    The meals look really delicious! The smoothie looks nice and refreshing and the pasta came out lovely! It looks nice and fresh.

    Good luck with classes!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a tough transition, and I am tired! I hope I can work out a schedule next week.

      I think vanilla blueberry is my favorite smoothie!

      Delete
  4. i suppose teachers do have to be enormously flexible to change their living habits so drastically during the year. It probably helps that you love teaching. Beautiful food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do I like it? Do I? ;) yes, I do, but it is hard on the body during transition.

      Delete