Sunday, August 23, 2015

Mega Meal Prep

I've taken a new approach: to prepare the laborious part of both lunch and dinner meal options ahead of time, so they only need reheating/adding of something along with a fresh salad.

Exhibit A: zucchini, tomato, and toasted pine nut linguine.
 Pine nuts dry toasted in a skillet, cherry tomatoes halved and tossed with zucchini, sauteed in olive oil and Herb de Provence. When I'm ready for the meal, I'll cook a portion of linguine and add them together.
 Exhibit B: The other zucchini and remaining cherry tomatoes, corn off of the cob, shallot, and quinoa.

All done.  Will serve over steamed kale.

Exhibit C: (No real idea on this one. Just needed to use up produce that has been in the drawer for three weeks.) Cauliflower, peas, red onion, and white sweet potato.  I made a mild curry sauce, although not enough as I didn't have enough coconut milk.  Will probably attempt a saag as a side, or a salad. If you have any ideas - let me know!
 
I'd say my first Sunday meal prep was successful.  I feel like I've been in the kitchen for hours!! See you on Tuesday with the actual meal results.

8 comments:

  1. The quinoa salad looks great! Quinoa is a grain that I struggle with, One out of five times it comes out fluffy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all about using pre-rinsed quinoa and vegetable broth! Be sure to stir every so often, too!

      Delete
  2. I love your approach to meal prep!! The zucchini with tomatoes looks amazing on its own, it's going to be even better when the pasta is added in! That is definitely looking good to me, I may have to steal that ;) except maybe I'll turn the zucchini into the noodles. Yummy. The quinoa salad looks pretty great too! Awesome job with the prep, I hope it makes life a little easier this week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The zucchini was nearing the end of its life, so adding it to pasta was the only viable option! Ha ha! There was quite a bit of the same ingredients, so my next prep Sunday will have more variety!

      Hope you've enjoyed the rest of your weekend house and critter sitting!

      Delete
  3. Well, with Maud still MIA we needed some inspiring meal prep. You have gone pretty gourmet with the Shallots and fresh Corn Off The Cobb. Lots of colorful healthy stuff. I would just buy a jar of Curry Sauce for the last chopped veggies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where is that lady?! I left her a new comment recently, demanding her return. I guess it didn't work. I'd say "healthy-ish", as I'm still a little crab heavy. Getting there, I'd say. ;)

      Yes, buying a jar of sauce next curry craving...

      Delete
  4. You are way too good at this; I'm so lazy I've been eating peanut butter sandwiches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had nine weeks of not prepping as rest. It had to be done. ;)

      Delete