Thursday, July 30, 2015

Texas Food

I really only snapped images of the memorable items, which was basically after the conference.  They did a pretty decent job of feeding us at the convention center, but there was a lot of bread and salad.  Once my brother and aunt came into town, we had a car and that made navigation easier! They were kind enough to go to two veg only joints, but the rest of the time it was omni places or at my aunt and uncle's house.
 
Soy Chorizo Breakfast Taco
Vegan chocolate dipped, peanut butter drizzle and peanuts from Bananarchy.
 
(My thanks to brother for holding said banana whilst being photographed.)

Hippie Burger and fries from Kerbey Lane 
 

Cuban Black Beans & Rice from small town Texas

Unpictured, but for your interest (from the omni restaurants): oatmeal from The Magnolia Cafe
Southwest Salad (without cheese) from Cedar Door  ,  Vegetable Fajita Tacos from Micheladas 

I purchased a few items from the prepared section at Whole Foods to have with me at their house, most of which you have seen here previously.  We did make tacos one night, so I had avocado ones.

Similar to my VA trip, I want to go back to Austin when not there for work or a family visit (obviously, I would work in a couple of nights with them, but not five), just so I can explore the city a little more.  I had a great time, my aunt and uncle were so generous and welcoming - gotta love that southern hospitality - but I'm ready to be eating more normally!  And no more heat, woo hoo! Two weeks of summer break left... 

9 comments:

  1. I can see why you took pics of those! I love the look of the Banarchy banana - why don't those exist over here? The burger looks amazing too. I hope your next two weeks last a really long time...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope the time does go by slowly! I'm so happy right now, ha ha!! I'll get back to Austin when I can visit all of the veg spots properly!

      Delete
  2. You ate good! I am impressed! Especially the Chocolate Dipped Banana. Was it as fantastic as it looks? The Fries look heavenly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was all delicious! I hardly remember how to make myself food after a week of having it all prepared for me! Ha ha!

      Delete
  3. Yes!!!!! Yes yes yes! That banana looks amazing. I want to eat that immediately. The burger and fries look absolutely amazing and the rice and beans also look really great and hearty. Definitely some great vacation eats!

    Only 2 weeks left?! It went so quickly! I hope you enjoy every second of it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could have tried a few more places, but I guess I'll just have to go back! Ha ha!

      It's going so fast! Noooooo.... ;)

      Delete
  4. Ooh, yes, all about the bananarchy. And the breakfast taco sounds great! I am sure they have good vegan tacos everywhere you look down there, and I'm jealous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a mind to freeze a banana and turn it into a Bananarchy knock off here at home. I hope to go back and explore Austin a little more on the music and food scene!

      Delete
  5. You should totally make your own banarchy banana! Just schmear in peanut butter, roll in mini choco chips (and or coconut!) and freeze.
    Looks like some great meals there, I've recently found a place for cuban/dominican beans and rice and that's good eats!
    It's always a challenge to make everyone happy when eating with omnis, great that they were willing to go to a few veg places with you-that burger really looks fabulous. Sounds like a revisit is in order!
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete