Saturday, July 18, 2015

Summer Highlights #5

This week consisted mostly of yoga, Grandma, and dogs.  Here are a few images for your viewing:
Neighbor dog Frankie did not appreciate Remy snuggling him, while he was napping under the blanket.
(Four out of the five days, Remy was playing with Grandma's dog or Frankie. He loved this week.)

Lunch with Grandma #1: Tokyo Joe's Tofu Teriyaki Bowl. Yum.
 Lunch with Grandma #2 Whole Foods Hot Bar: Pea & Tofu Curry over brown rice. Good.
 Spinach, two plums, frozen pineapple, half of a frozen banana, water.

My cousin and her husband (as well as 8 month old daughter & 3 year old Labradoodle) are moving back to Denver from Boston.  I made them a "Welcome Back" basket with farmer's market produce, Colorado coffee, and fresh bread.  I also made a list of great local shops, restaurants, and my favorites (i.e. Remy's groomer) to help them get re-acquainted with everything (they haven't lived here since 1999!).
Grandma (and her little dog, too!) return to the Land of Oz tomorrow, so I'll be spending a little more time with the family this evening.  See you on Tuesday!

9 comments:

  1. Yoga, granma and dogs? I think that sounds like a great way to spend time. And that basket is so thoughtful - I'd be pretty chuffed to find that waiting for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! Yes, I guess I can't complain! I think my cousin liked the basket, so that makes me happy. :)

      Delete
  2. You come from dog people on both sides of the family.

    Definitely a thoughtful gift for the cousin. Maybe you should keep all the grub and just give her the list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Farmers always have dogs. And barn cats. Are you a farmer? ;)

      Delete
  3. Awww the welcome back basket is so cute and so sweet!! I'm sure they appreciated it so much! Just like I'm sure Remy appreciated being spoiled with love, cuddles and attention this week :) I hope you and grandma had a great time and those meals all look incredible!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they liked it, but I had a lot of fun creating it and the list. It's always more pleasurable to give gifts, and see their reaction! Remy has been bored since their departure, I must not be that exciting. Ha ha!

      Delete
  4. The welcome back basket is such a neat idea!
    The plum smoothie sounds sooo so good! Even looking at it refreshes me. The teriyaki bowl looks really good too. Still have yet to try those TJ salads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl, we need to get you to TJ's. Then again, you could probably have your own line of salads, as you have mastered the art.

      Delete