Sunday, July 12, 2015

Summer Highlights #4

There were yoga classes, a CycleHIIT class, lots of time with friends and family.  The HVAC work continues for my neighbors (my furnace was finished being installed on Tuesday, and with it the restoration of air conditioning!!), and they are using the company I contracted.  As a "thank you" for coordinating this, Frankie's Mommy gifted me movie tickets.  I used them with a friend to see "Magic Mike XXL". It was silly, not a great story line, but entertaining visually. Ha!
I didn't remember to take many photos of my meals, but here is a breakfast that happened a few times:
As mentioned earlier in the week, we had a lot of smoke from the Western Canada fires.  It was worst on Tuesday and Wednesday.  There are a few clouds in the picture, but here is shot looking west.  40% of that horizon should be mountains! So much smoke!
I didn't purchase it, but now I know it exists, and where to find it.  Who knew Daiya made Cheezy Mac?!
On Friday, I visited a friend in Fort Collins.  We shopped around main street, and spent some time in this store which had about a million garden gnomes.  I still didn't purchase any, as I don't know what I want to do.

More activities to come this week, and I'll be sure to capture more!  Only five weeks of summer left, and I want to slow down time!  See you Tuesday...

5 comments:

  1. i still havent heard a single thing on the news of these forest fires of which you speak.

    Magic Mike XXL looks good. I am planning to actually go see 'Trainwreck' when it opens. It has to be a really special movie to get me into an actual theatre.

    i dont know how someone could pick out one gnome out of so many unless you knew exactly what you were looking for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard about it once I was inhaling the smoke, so I was a little late to the party, too. I think they are still going, I should watch the news...

      Trainwreck looks pretty hilarious! Similarly, I rarely get to a movie so these vouchers and a friend requesting this flick got me out the door.

      Yeah, I'm pretty indecisive in general when it comes to shopping/decorating.

      Delete
    2. I finally saw something on the news about the fires.

      Delete
  2. Yay I'm so glad your furnace is finally fixed and that your ac is back! You and sweet Remy must be so happy to have it back. That was sweet of your neighbor to get you the tickets and funny that you saw Magic Mike :) I randomly saw the first one on tv one day (hbo or something) and found it to be quite depressing actually. Apparently the first was actually based on Channing Tatum's life?

    Ugh that smoke is crazy!! I hope that it is under control soon. Love the gnomes, I'm sure that when you choose one it'll be perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so relieved, too! It has been increasingly hot. I know, my friend originally said that the first Magic Mike was too depressing (I saw it, but don't remember how I felt) but she read a review stating that this was "the happiest stripper movie you'll ever see". It was funny, but not a lot of plot.

      Delete