Thursday, June 25, 2015

The Rebellion

I'm embarrassed to say that I first heard about The Rebellion four years ago. I think I can attribute my lack of patronage to its location being in a part of town I never frequent and I don't eat pizza too often.  Nonetheless, yesterday afternoon I finally made it happen.

 Not much to it; a few table outside and none inside.
I placed my order, a small Veggie Vegan calzone and waited about 15 minutes for its procurement. 


 It was still warm 30 minutes later when I arrived home.  

Vegan Parm and Pizza sauce as garnish. Knife and fork for scale.

It was 50/50 bread and filling.

It was good, but I am no pizza connoisseur.  I would go back.

See you this weekend for the highlights of this week!

5 comments:

  1. OMG! I miss Calzones so bad. That looks so great. I love dipping in the Tomato Sauce. Great job just getting carryout instead of waiting for someone to go with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From what I can tell, this is the only place that does vegan calzones. It was pretty good! Yes, be proud of me! ;)

      Delete
  2. Holy calzone!!! That thing looks incredible!! I see peppers and mushrooms, what other goodness is hiding in that delicious thing! I'm not going to lie, I'm really jealous :) It looks like a cute place too. Glad you have been able to get out and try new places!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Onions and olives in addition to what you've mentioned. It had a little Daiya Mozzarella as well, but not overly so.

      It was so hot outside, not a cloud in the sky - no one knew that four short hours later.... (I'm still processing everything that happened)

      Delete
  3. I'm a bit take it or leave it when it comes to pizza, but that's mainly because vegan pizza here is as rare as rocking horse poop. I'll admire yours from afar!

    ReplyDelete