Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Memorial Day Weekend

I spent the holiday weekend in Kansas; it was our first time back since December.  Two cousins had recently given birth, so I met their little ones, and spent time with Grandma.  She's still cranky (a.k.a. the "angry" stage of grief), and we're not sure what will shake her out of it.  Nonetheless, I'm glad we were able to spend some time with the family.  As there were 12 of us shoved in around the table, I felt uncomfortable photographing my food, but I mostly ate what I brought with me - TJ's salads - as well as beans and bread. Here are a few scenic shots from the farm and the ride back home.






I can't get over those clouds! Stunning! See you on Thursday with the daily eats and activity. I have to show up at work eight more times, in case you were wondering.  ;)

6 comments:

  1. Cute orange kitty, beautiful sky and flowers.
    Hope the last few days of classes speed by for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures! I love the clouds, and of course who doesn't love orange kitties?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's really nice that you were able to go visit Grandma. It will take time but she will heal. I'm sure she was happy to have the company!

    Your pictures are absolutely stunning! The kitty is so adorable :) The sky in the last two pics are absolutely amazing. I love love love the second to last pic with the road. It is so beautiful.

    Aaaaah only 8 more days of work! I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning! I hope you enjoyed your trip as much as I enjoyed your photos. Almost done for the year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Harkening back to a simpler time. It is understandable that Grandma is angry. She really thought her husband was on the upswing. Hope your eight days fly by.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Everyone! Thank you so much for the kind compliments on the photos! The weekend was great, but the work week was rough - apologies for disappearing! I seem to only work and recover, plus little else. I'll be back tomorrow with another post, and hopefully a calmer last week of school!

    ReplyDelete