Sunday, April 12, 2015

Weekend Bliss

It has been a mostly lazy weekend, with plenty of time of my hands and only a little "hurry up" and "be somewhere".  Just another big tease of summer break!

I had to buy a book for work, and naturally decided that I would spend the remaining balance in order to get free shipping.  Two new cookbooks:

I've seen every page in both books, and can't wait to try out some delicious new recipes (and old - Angela included my favorite Avocado Pasta in her book. Only one other recipe - pumpkin pie smoothie - was one I'd seen before.  Everything else I haven't had!)

I found myself running an errand close to Beet Box, thus I was obligated to support.
 Beet Brownie, and Turtle Beet Brownie.  The only logical choice for the latter is to immediately get a spoon.  Oh yes.
 Adding in some health: Carrot-Apple-Ginger freshly juiced, right in front of me.  The only thing is, Parsley has raised their prices by $1 per item within the last year.  It's hard to justify $7 for a 16 oz. beverage on a regular basis!
 I honestly don't see my recent habit of all things rice going away soon, so I'll just apologize now.  Here it is, in almond pilaf form, with sauteed collard greens and marinated tempeh.
Tomorrow is a teacher work day, where I will be required to attend a six and a half hour meeting/workshop with a "working lunch".  What a way to start the week... On a happier note, it's our last teacher work day of the school year! Yippee!! 

10 comments:

  1. The Turtle Beet Brownie looks awesome. Glad you branched out there even if it is all Rice at home. I am sure you worth the extra $1 at Parsley.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might be worth the extra dollar, but a frequent juice might not be entirely thrifty. ;)

      You would LOVE the turtle brownie.

      Delete
    2. who wouldnt love a Turtle Brownie? Maybe Osama Bin Laden but he's dead.

      Delete
  2. Holy Lord, that Turtle brownie!! Yes to the spoon!
    It's such a pleasure to buy new cookbooks, isn't it? I had to start holding back though, haha. I don't have Angela's but I've looked at it and so much seems fantastic. Happy kitchen adventures.
    Almond pilaf rice sounds fancy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I limited myself to two spoonfuls a day, and alas, it is now gone. I'm not sure I even want the traditional beet brownie! Ha ha!

      Angela's cookbook is really beautiful. I have a couple of recipes in mind that I'll cook and then turn into one mega review post!

      Delete
  3. Bliss indeed!! That turtle brownie looks incredible! I want that in my face! That bite looks like absolute perfection. The juice is really beautiful and vibrant as well.

    Don't you just love new cookbooks?! Angela's book is great, I need to use it more. It appears she's working on a second one too which is exciting!

    Yum, I haven't had almond pilaf in forever! And hooray for being in the home stretch! Are you thinking about summer plans yet or is it too early?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The brownie balances the juice, yes? ;)

      I love books in general, but new cookbooks with their new ideas and glossy images....they have a special place in my heart! Ha ha! I didn't know her second one was on its way, I'm so behind!

      It's never too early, but I imagine it'll include the workouts from Spring Break, projects around the house, long walks with Remy, books to read, a trip to VA and to TX. Plus some curriculum work, of course.

      Delete
  4. I kinda feel bad for the beet brownie, sitting there all naked next to the ooey gooey (and therefore superior) turtle beet brownie. Sometimes it's what's on the outside that counts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel bad for the beet brownie, too. It's in my fridge, uneaten. I'll get to it, I'm sure! ;)

      Delete
  5. what's the turtle brownie? Vegan mock turtle or turtle beans? Either way it has my full approval. I think I would have swapped spoon for nosebag though.

    ReplyDelete