Thursday, April 2, 2015

Spring Break - Part 2

I can happily report that I'm fully immersed in the art of not having a schedule. Change of plans to include margaritas? Sure! Last minute phone call for a long walk with a friend and dogs? I'll be there! Frankie wants to come over for snuggles and play? Love to!

Upon discovering that all Sprouts are discontinuing Jaali Bean products (of course!), I traveled to a location that did have my favorite coconut variety.  While there, I was thirsty and this was on sale:
I held myself back from clearing the shelf, but I did buy one more pantry item that was also being discontinued:

 Continuing the spontaneity, here are a few more random pictures from yesterday and today:
 Shen-worthy lunch of avocado toast and an apple.  I made a huge batch of cheezy kale chips in the dehydrator, and have been picking at them both days.
 While I don't have a bedtime this week, Remy sticks to our normal schedule and puts himself to bed.  Here's how I found him last night:
(He has a haircut on Saturday - you'll get to see the result, naturally.)

Exercise: Cycle/HIIT yesterday was really hard, and I can't believe I'm doing it again tomorrow.  Today's Align & Flow had just enough vinyasa to get warm but the rest was all slow twists and stretches. (None of these classes are available in the evenings, so they will not be revisited until the second week of June!)

Part 3 will be posted on Sunday!

6 comments:

  1. Your blog is so much better when you're on break. Hope you got a good deal on the Suja. Frankie and Remy are earning their keep while they sleep! So adorbs! I ate too much Avocado Toast and had to take a step back. You seem better at controlling yourself in terms of Avocado.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We're all better on days off! ;)

      Delete
  2. Happy Spring Break! Mmmm, cheezy kale chips!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely got my fix of kale chips!

      Delete
  3. Yay! This is the kind of post I like to see! You are healthy and happy and enjoying your break :) Lots of delicious meals, adorable fur babies, spontaneous meet ups with friends… all wonderful things! Glad you were able to stock up on Jaali Bean too! How did you like that Suja? I want to try their green varieties but I always kind of take a step back when I see spirulina as an ingredient because I think it's kind of gross. Maybe I'll put my brave pants on and try it ;)

    I hope you enjoy the rest of your break and have a nice Easter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, all sorts of great things underway! And I'm sad that it's over. To be honest, I usually chug the Suja. It's not a great sipping beverage, like Kombucha.

      Delete