Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Rewind

Starting with arguably the best meal of day: dinner.
Which was enjoyed post-spin class, with ravenous pleasure (read: I was really, really hungry.)

Why such pleasure? I didn't have time for a snack after work, as my neighbor and Frankie invited Remy and I on a long walk right when I got home.  

Why did I need a snack? I ate but a third of my lunch.  I made the Jaali Bean Warmly Spiced Lentils & Rice, with a side of steamed broccoli.
I wanted to like it. Tried to like it.  But, last night as I was cooking the seasoning packet - I saw the fennel seeds. I HATE fennel/fennel seeds, in all its herbaceous bitterness.  I should have read the ingredients prior to purchasing, as I am really questioning my ability to take it for lunch two more times. 

Prior to that was Vega Vanilla Protein & Greens smoothie with half of a frozen banana, frozen strawberries, and water. 


I need a food do-over! At least there is tomorrow... 

10 comments:

  1. Noooo! Nothing worse than being trapped with a lunch you don't like. For me it's the high point of the working day (which should tell you everything you need to know about my job!) Still, it looks like there's some good looking rice and beans up there, so not a total washout!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is an essential part of the work day! I tried to make it work yesterday, but brought back up in case... And I needed it. When you don't like it, you don't like it!

      Delete
  2. First Hillary and then you. Chipotle is getting some great publicity lately. You didnt so thr Sofritas?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And soon women across America, picking up Chipotle after dropping off their ballots! ;)

      Delete
  3. Aw, yeah - it really is no fun to have leftovers of a lunch you don't like! I enjoy fennel but it definitely is a strong flavor. maybe you could mix it with some other ingredients.
    Nice looking smoothie in any case.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't get behind fennel whatsoever. Nope.

      Delete
  4. Ugh; I feel your pain. Saturday was all pretzels and iced tea because I was too lazy to leave the house. In comparison, you did rather well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes pretzels and iced tea are all we need!

      Delete
  5. I can't believe you even made it to a spin class nonetheless survived it without passing out! I would have been useless as a human on so little.
    Bummer about that rice mix- i love fennel but it is rather strong. Do you have an emergency snack drawer at work? I feel like a handful of cashews would have helped you out.
    Chipotle is better when you're hungry anyhow.
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh I like the reverse post :) The chipotle bowl looks great. have you tried the tofu sofritas yet? I kind of want to but I kind of don't ha! I should get a Chipotle bowl though, it has been so long and I've been told that the cilantro quantity has been cut considerably which is great.

    Glad you had a great workout despite being under fueled! I'm with Ttrockwood, maybe an emergency trail mix stash would be great!

    ReplyDelete