Sunday, April 26, 2015

On the Horizon

I've tried to relax this weekend, even cancelling two of the four commitments for my sanity's sake.  This week: ACT, college campus visit, SAT, and prom.  I could cry.  All of this means no free time (SAT and prom both on Saturday), and since all activities outside of a college campus are my first time proctoring/chaperoning... I'm extra anxious.  Luckily for my students, I hold it all in.  Sadly for me, I won't be sleeping.

Back to the weekend, I needed to borrow my Mother's sewing machine to hem a pair of pants.  Thus, an attempted snuggle with Terra.  Her blindness has stabilized, and appears to not be worsening.

 I asked her for help in getting started, but she wanted to do it.  I kept her company (it took 5 minutes!).

From the food categories:


I still plan on cooking a few things for the week, but then again... I might sit here on the couch with Remy.  It's raining outside, perfect "do nothing" weather!  See you on Tuesday.

7 comments:

  1. So the SATs and chaperoning the prom are stressful? Seems like easy peazy to me. Obviously one of us takes pride in our work. Good to see Terra, I have been thinking about her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are stressful because no one knows what to expect. Our juniors are the oldest grade level, and only two other people on staff have ever taught 11th grade previously (this is obviously my first year with them, even though I've been teaching for a decade). Students expect teachers to have all of the experience - and I won't!

      Delete
  2. Poor pooch. I'm glad she's stabilizing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greens and coconut water sounds great! Very pretty bagel - I always love yr addition of cucumber too.
    Chaperoning prom sounds kind of fun to me too? But I didn't even go to mine - maybe it's a mess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a satisfying drink, if I recall it well! Cucumber slices really do take it up a level. I didn't go to mine either, but my main concern: I really don't want to see my students if they are drunk/high!

      Delete
    2. Good grief! The whole point of...oh never mind!

      Delete