Sunday, March 1, 2015

Whirlwind Weekend

Friday evening and Saturday morning were spent in preparation for hosting book club on Saturday afternoon.  We packed in 10 people plus three children into my 700 sq foot home.  It was really tight, and the sheer volume alone was a reminder why I'm not a regular party hostess!  I don't mind attending and staying as long as I can, but when it's at your house - you can't leave. Ha ha!  I put on my best face, and four and a half hours later - it was finished.
The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern

As we try to align treats to our book, my email invited them to bring circus themed treats as I would provide popcorn and punch (vodka on the side - it started at 2pm, I let the attendees make that decision!).

(If you're curious: cran-raspberry juice, pineapple juice, limeade, ginger ale.  Tart with a touch of sweetness!  Lime and raspberry garnish.)

Sunday was spin class and family time.  My parents are going on a tour of the Holy Land in Israel for 10 days, leaving in the morning.  They are going with their church leaders and a tour group, so well chaperoned and with a full agenda!  For my part, I'll be taking on Terra again (yes, only three weeks ago I had her when they were in Virginia!).  Additionally, today is Remy's 7th birthday!  Lots of treats and snuggles.

Now, I will relax and prepare for the season finale of Downton Abbey! See you on Tuesday...

7 comments:

  1. Ahh those two little fluffy dogs on that soft carpet look so comfy. Lots of dog hair to vacuum up though, maybe?
    The punch looks so pretty! I'm sure the effort you put in was appreciated, and now that everyone's gone you can just hang out with the dogs...sounds pretty good to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Terra sheds. I'm so spoiled with Remy not shedding. But she's an old lady, with probably not that much time left, so I will love her anyway!

      I'm ready for some down time, absolutely!

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous punch! Very Martha Stewart.

    I cant wait to watch the season finale of Downton (such a short season), but Mr. SV is insisting that we continue ot binge watch House of Cards uninterrupted.

    Your parents will love Israel! best Falafel in the world!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! Martha would have used fresh cranberries, and squeezed 800 limes in order to make it "authentic".

      It was pretty fantastic; they left a lot of openings to explore next season! Happy, bittersweet, and oh, Mary! She can never be single!

      I'm excited for them, and can't wait to FaceTime with them soon!

      Delete
  3. The book club gathering sounds so fun!! And exhausting ;) It certainly looks like you did a great job hosting the event. The punch looks absolutely incredible!! Circus themed treats are fun too.

    Ahhhh pups!! OMG they are too precious. Remy looks so regal in that picture :)

    I'm so jealous of their trip! They are going to eat so well and I know they will enjoy the beauty of the country. I can't wait to hear about where they went and what they tried!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, exhausting, as you know! The spout on the punch only worked part of them time, which was a little frustrating considering it was a purchase for the gathering. Grrr!

      Remy is a real trooper, as there has been a lot of activity around him lately!
      il
      I will definitely share as much as I find out! I know my Dad cleared out the camera memory cards, so he should take quite a few photos. I think they start in Tiberias and the Sea of Galilee, followed by trips to Tel Dan, Ein Harod, and Beit Shean (at least according to the itinerary I have) the next day.

      Delete
  4. I love that punch vessel - so pretty! (And the punch inside it looks pretty good too!) How was the book? I've seen it at the book shop a few times and mulled buying it - what do you reckon, should I take the plunge?!

    ReplyDelete