Sunday, March 22, 2015

Weekend Wonders

A few images collected from a wonderful weekend:
 Edamame hummus, tomato, cucumber, avocado, and spinach in a tortilla.

HUGE organic apples and pears on sale.

 Chocolate Oat Bran (oat bran cooked in water, with raw sugar, cinnamon and cocoa powder).
 Shen's reuben from Saturday influenced my "linner" from today.  Native Food's Deli Style Reuben and a side of Native Fries.
 A long walk with Remy to aid in the digestion.  A little overcast, but still 70 degrees!
Terra update: she has been seen by the vet (again), and is taking anti-inflammatory meds and antibiotics to help control whatever reaction it is that is causing her eyes to ooze and be irritated.  My parents are also rinsing her eyes with saline daily, and as a result her eyes are open and she appears to have more energy! Still can't see much, but her quality of life seems to be better.

7 comments:

  1. Chocolate oat bran? Now why didn't I think of that?!
    Glad to hear there's some good news for Terra.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! What took me so long?! I'm relieved that Terra can continue on a while longer, seemingly pain-free. :)

      Delete
  2. Oh I'm so happy to hear that Terra is doing better! Thank you for the update.

    Everything in this post looks so fantastic. The hummus and veggie wrap looks incredible... it is such a quick and delicious meal. You are Shen are making me so jealous of Native Foods. Everything I've seen from there looks so incredible. Pretty picture from your walk with Remy and I'm super jealous of your 70 degree weather as well. That is my idea of the perfect temperature :)

    How much longer until your spring break?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so thankful she is doing okay. Not 100% but at least improved!

      Just this week to go, and then it'll be spring break!

      I can't wait for you to try a Native Foods, and certainly I am a creature of habit whereas Shen has tried more menu items. However, every salad I've loved has gone off menu. :(

      Delete
  3. I feel so bad that you think what Native Foods is serving is a Reuben. Maybe, it would get a little closer if you took it home and grilled it up. Glad you enjoyed it anyway (their Fries are excellent).

    Thanks for the Terra update. We know you are worried.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only other one I've tried was pretty bland, and I never ate them when I was omni - so I have no idea what I'm missing! Ha ha! I'll look up Common Market and see its proximity to Grandma. ;)

      Delete
    2. Alas, Common Market is about 45 minutes from Grandma if you're doing 75 mph. Maybe Randy Radish will be closer with their Tofu Reuby this summer.

      Delete