Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Spring Break - Part 1

Hello! After an unintended week away - here I am! The rest of last week ended in a crescendo, leaving me exhausted and with an insane sinus migrane.  As in, couldn't drive or complete sentences.  I'm recovered now, but ended up busier than expected until today.  I took a few pictures along the way, but will have more for the following two installments of "Spring Break".


Chocolate Oat Bran & Coffee, on more than one morning...

On Saturday, mid mega-headache, I went in for a 90 minute massage (more or less when I realized that I shouldn't be driving).  She spent some time on my neck, scalp, and face to help with the discomfort (in addition to the full body).
 Exercise: Yesterday, I went to my first hour long yoga (not combined with anything else) class since August. I expected my hips to be tight from the thrice weekly spin classes but no... it was all in the shoulders! So incredibly tight, and I didn't even know it! I'm signed up for another yoga class on Thursday (Cycle/HIIT classes tomorrow and Friday).

I finally made it grocery shopping, to both TJ's and Sprouts.  Here is the collective haul:
 New items (yes, I've had bran flakes before, but not this brand):
 And a few items for the pantry:
 Everything in the last picture is being discontinued, so they were a buck or two each.  I mentioned to the cashier that I had tried the Coconut Jaali Bean only once, and was sad to see it go.  She thought perhaps it was only this location.  I'll keep looking, but will try these other two varieties in the meantime! Also, who discontinues quinoa/rice blends? It's not expired. 

I will see you on Thursday with more photos, and hopefully more fun! Hope you are having some Spring-like weather!

8 comments:

  1. Ahhhh I just typed a super long comment and it disappeared! Wah!!

    I'm sorry that you were so sick! I'm glad that you relaxed and took care of yourself and that you are feeling better so you can enjoy your break! I am sure the massage helped and the yoga probably helped too. I miss yoga and my neck and shoulder have been a disaster lately so I really need to get back into it!

    Great looking meals and haul! I definitely see an iced chai in my future from Starbucks :) That is too bad about the Coconut Jaali Bean… maybe try looking on Amazon? They seem to have EVERYTHING! :)

    I hope you enjoy your spring break! Looking forward to seeing more updates!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I checked my spam folder to see if your original comment went there, but I didn't see it! I've had trouble with Chrome on occasion, I wonder if it's the same way for you?

      I tell you what - it was no fun! I think the allergens are in full effect, combined with temperature change, and exhaustion, was the perfect trifecta. I just did a long walk with a friend and dogs, it was so windy! I can feel my sinuses tightening! Argh!

      I'm going to email the company and ask. It's not sold at Whole Foods near me, and I went to another Sprouts today and purchased a few coconut varieties! I held back from clearing the shelves. Ha!

      Delete
  2. Oof, migrane headaches sound killer!! Hope the massage helped.
    Good looking groceries - I am so excited for spring asparagus! Also, nice deals on those discontinued products! Some people are really good at finding food for cheap - I am not one of them.
    I really really need to get out to a yoga class soon. Been biking, though, and that's fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did help, and lots of sleeping, too! I'm going to dig into the asparagus soon. Yum! I was down to millet, brown rice, and pasta - the pantry is full of grains now! Ha ha!

      It's sad to see how much I've regressed in my flexibility in yoga, but it's all in the practice I suppose!

      Delete
  3. So you were fine till vacation started? that is some unlucky business. I would think Soup would help calm your muscles and sinuses. Wonder if the altitude there affects you as well?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Naturally. It was a long time coming, I think! Not enough sleep, really busy week leading up to break. Yuck all the way around! I should probably get allergy tested, so I can steer clear of the triggers. Hmm...I don't know about altitude! I'll look into it!

      Delete
  4. Getting sick for the holiday sucks bigsticks. Glad you're back and writing. I get migraines every now and again, and they're awful enough. Yours sounds like the king of awful. At least you got in some yoga and asparagus!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Migraines are horrible! I hope you don't suffer from them too often. I think this is the worst I've ever had. :(

      Delete