Thursday, March 12, 2015

Rut Progress #2

Breakfast has been Vega Vanilla and water, so I will spare you the picture.  Yesterday's lunch was the second serving of Maple Orange Chickpeas. Dinner involved making Sweet & Sour Stuffed Bell Peppers:


Homemade Sweet & Sour Sauce (with pineapple and garlic!), red cabbage, onion, peppers, and brown rice.  There was plenty of filling left over, I ended up eating it for dinner. 
 One of the above pictured bell peppers for lunch today, and for dinner an old standard:

Avocado Pasta.

There are still three meals from the plan I've yet to prepare.  I'll make them over the next few days, and put them in my next post!

6 comments:

  1. Yummy! Everything looks so good! I feel like I would enjoy the sweet and sour stuffing in something other than a pepper :) The filling looks like a perfect stir fry, yum. I've been thinking that I wanted to make avocado pasta soon! This must be a sign, definitely going to try it out soon. Looking forward to seeing the other meals, enjoy your weekend! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Avocado pasta always wins! Ha ha! I made the sweet and sour sauce again because it was so simple and so yummy. I'm feeling like the rut has ended!

      Delete
  2. The Peppers are so beautiful. Cant still be in a rut after those bad boys. I admore your restraint with the Avocado Pasta. I can stick to a reasonable portion and end up making myself sick. Admire not admore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am fully out of the rut - looking forward to meal planning and liking what I am eating!

      Delete
  3. I've been loving red cabbage lately. It is fun to eat, but it is also beautiful - even when cooked, like here, with those equally pretty peppers. The sweet & sour sauce sounds really good. I'm not sure why I don't eat stuffed peppers much; they're filling and easy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have some red cabbage left, and hope to throw it into another stir fry - but with peanut sauce! Mmm...

      I seem to make stuffed peppers only twice a year or so, kind of like I want to love them but only like them. Just friends, I guess. ;)

      Delete