Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Rut Progress #1

I've mostly followed the meal plan as mentioned in Sunday's post.  I've varied on the breakfasts the most, simply because I need something super fast (thus, not oatmeal).  

Monday: PB and Banana in a tortilla.
Maple Orange Chickpeas over brown rice.
 Portobello Stew.

Tuesday: Grapefruit

The second serving of Portobello Stew.

Veggie Wrap (edamame hummus, cucumber, tomato, red onion, avocado, spinach, black pepper, Old Bay Seasoning).

All very good, and more delicious sounding meals on the menu! I'll see you on Thursday with post #2!

8 comments:

  1. The stew and the brown rice with carrots and chickpeas dishes both look great!
    I hear you on the food rut. Even with all the time off lately, I haven't really been able to pull anything together! Lotsa crackers and cashew cheese.
    Is the veggie wrap part of the plan?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Maple Orange Chickpeas were so quick and so delicious! I can see myself making it again. My rut has been part laziness and part lack of inspiration - I'm feeling productive and the meal plan has helped my creativity!! The veggie wrap was 50/50 part of the plan: there was a veggie sandwich and a nori wrap. I landed somewhere in the middle. ;)

      Delete
  2. The wraps win it for me - I'm in a real peanut butter phase at the moment. And edamame hummus on anything is amazing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was the end of my pb, so the rest of my bananas have been solo. Sad, I know. ;)

      Delete
  3. Yes!!! This all looks so good. The veggie wrap is gorgeous, everyone has been getting such beautiful avocados recently. That portobello stew looks fantastic, I'm definitely jealous of that. It looks really hearty and tasty. Looking forward to seeing what else is on the plan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The stew was great, and I love how everyone is enjoying the simplest meal - the wraps! Ha ha! But yes, very tasty. ;)

      Delete
  4. The Veggie Wrap looks like a winner. What kind of Tortillas are you using? Follow Your Heart?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, just a local tortilla brand!

      Delete