Thursday, March 5, 2015

Dog-cation

I thought I would side-step my food post for today, and provide a few images from Terra's vacation with us while my parents enjoy Israel.  We'll start with my favorite - yesterday, post-walk, after the car ride lulled her to an upright snooze.

Neighborhood watch shifts...

 And today, lots of afternoon sunbathing (Terra's favorite).

Sometimes, making it all the way into bed is just too far.

She's walking into walls and her balance is off.  Happily, she is eating, drinking, and interested in (slow) walks.  Once my parents return, I will ask for another vet visit - the rate of her decline is increasing. 

8 comments:

  1. She is so dignified. Wish she could have round-the-clock care so as not to walk into anything,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so sad. I catch her most of the time, but I wish there was something the vet could do. At least she doesn't seem to be in pain.

      Delete
  2. What a darling. How old is she, again?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She'll be 15 in the coming months.

      Delete
  3. What a sweet pea <3 She is so beautiful and Remy is such a handsome boy. I'm sure everyone is enjoying each other's company. It's so hard to see a pet struggle but at least she is not feeling any pain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is hard to see her decline, but she seems to be happy enough. Remy continues to be a good host, minus when treats are involved - sharing is hard! ha ha!

      Delete
  4. What a beauty! And that falling asleep sitting up is too, too cute. I've heard of fellow pets instinctively becoming guides. Remy might not be in her company long enough, but another pup or even a cat?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really love these pics yet breaks my heart to hear about her decline. 15 is really quite old! Fabulous she still wants to go walking and eats well. Love the car nap photo!
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete