Sunday, February 22, 2015

When It Snows

When there are 8 inches of snow, and it is 9 degrees; when all of your plans have been cancelled - what do you do?
 Laundry? Check. Clean house? Check. Swaddling my fur baby in a fleece blanket? Check.

I guess it must be time to prep meals for the week!  Chili with cornbread, half pan of lasagna (which will live in the fridge unbaked - until Tuesday night when I will need it!).


Four hours later:


Happy Herbivore's Tofu Ricotta and spinach for the filling - this is an "in progress" photo:

(There is one more meal in the works, but I will give it a full post on Tuesday.) 

I have shoveled some, and I know that if I dig out my car today, I will appreciate it in the morning.  But will I do it?

10 comments:

  1. I hope you did it! I was too lazy to shovel Saturday night and then Sunday everything was ice. Stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did - and it helped in the morning! Ha ha!

      Delete
  2. I love it when I plan ahead and make a few meals for the week. I rarely do it, though. Let us know about the shoveling - it's so suspenseful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have an off/on relationship with meal prep - I'm glad I was able to make it happen!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful photos! Such a positive day! Lots of comforting of yourself and your baby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did feel a little stir crazy at times, but in the end - I'll take another day home the entire time!

      Delete
  4. The picture of Remy is adorable!! I bet he appreciated the blanket after the haircut. Lucky the snow happened on a weekend when you didn't need to get anywhere.
    The chili and cornbread both look great. I'm making cornbread tomorrow, it's settled.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure if he could vocalize in human speak, he'd have a few words for me about the swaddling. Ha!

      Yes to cornbread!!

      Delete
  5. Awww sweet Remy!! Such a cute pic! Puppy cuddles are the best on cold snowy days :) I hope that you got all dug out then had some time to relax and recover!

    Great looking meal prep! The cornbread looks amazing, I don't know why I never thing to make it. Lasagna is the perfect make ahead meal, especially in the winter. I bet it is going to be amazing.

    Stay safe and warm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose the day was decent enough - heavy on resting, light on digging out!

      Cornbread and chili were meant for each other! Do it! I haven't had lasagna in a long while, so was time! It's supposed to snow again tomorrow, making it perfect for hot food meals.

      Delete