Tuesday, February 17, 2015

New Things

My good friend who has been living in France came back to Colorado for a two week visit (her family lives here).  We met up yesterday for a two hour gossip, and she gifted me a few treats from France:
(I'm pretty effing excited about Herbes de Provence from France via suitcase!)

 This weekend while grocery shopping, I found this product and thought to give it a try:

 I'll let you know how it is once I make it!

The best part about birthdays: free stuff. I am a Native Foods Rewards member, and they loaded my card with $10.  I decided to go with Shen's recommendation:


I split it into two meals, and I'm still full.  Messy but very good.

P.S. In light of comment sabotage (thanks, Blogger!), I've turned on capcha codes - let me know if it helps! I'll turn them off again soon!

9 comments:

  1. How nice to be able to catch up with your friend. How amazing to be able to go live in France, is she there for work? SHe brought such lovely gifts, I'm sure you'll get so much use out of everything.

    Free stuff is always the best part of birthdays. I look forward to my free Starbucks drink every year :) That sandwich looks delicious! I'm still incredibly jealous of Native Foods. It is definitely on my Vegan Bucket List. Definitely a perfect birthday meal :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her husband is French, and they've lived here for a long time - their kids are bilingual, and they thought they should give them a few years in French schools!

      I haven't picked up my free Starbucks beverage - but I'll do it this weekend! I can't wait for you to experience Native Foods!

      Delete
  2. That sandwich looks incredible...that's all I can comment on right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's absolutely huge! Very tasty and very messy.

      Delete
  3. Yikes, comment sabotage! I hope I don't get that. Those burgers look delish. I wish I had a friend from France. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss seeing her regularly, but thankfully we have the internet for Skype and email!!

      Delete
  4. That Sandwich is way better than the 'Reuben' IMO. Do you agree or still prefer the Reuben? i am also a fan of the Chili.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still need to try the chili! I think they are two separate sandwich experiences - it would depend on my mood! ;)

      Delete