Thursday, February 19, 2015

Mid-Day

I bring you... my lunches and afternoon snacks from this week.
Kale Couscous Salad - which after a week, wasn't in the best shape taste wise on Tuesday. Ha!


With our cooler temps at the beginning of the week, I attempted a recipe-less Potato and Corn Chowder.  I sauteed shallots, celery, and marinated tempeh in a little olive oil.  I then added a can of creamed corn, frozen corn, potato, and almond milk.  Lots of black pepper.

I will have eaten it three times this week - just the right amount, and it turned out to be pretty good.


See you this weekend!

6 comments:

  1. A recipeless success! There ya go. The chowder sounds great. And I love how easy soups are, for how many servings you get.
    Pretty oranges, but you reminded I better go freeze my blueberries - they were almost overripe when I bought them monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These blueberries were turning pretty quickly! They must have shipped them to the stores ready to eat. I'm going to make chili this weekend - more soup weather!

      Delete
  2. That corn chowder looks amazing! I'm so impressed! I think I may have to make some corn chowder soon, with a recipe though because I definitely need one. The kale salad is gorgeous, so fresh and colorful. I really wish I could get into raw kale. The only time I've ever actually enjoyed it is in a kale caesar or dehydrated into chips.

    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll get you hooked on kale in no time! It's all about the preparation and freshness of the kale.

      It's snowing all weekend, so I will be forced into domesticity and doing my taxes. Ha ha!

      Delete
  3. Count me impressed as well on the Chowder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was good! I'm going to make chili next, but it's based on my mother's recipe.

      Delete