Thursday, February 5, 2015

Make it Stretch

Somewhere between Tuesday and this morning, I realized that my meals were no longer coming from my desires. They were going to be based on what was in my house, considering I haven't done a proper grocery shop in nearly two weeks. Ha ha! My meals are just funny now.

Half of a frozen banana, frozen strawberries, water, and Vega Vanilla (nutritional shake, not Protein & Greens - I have a few servings left).

Last night, I made a half batch of the Skinny Bitch Red Wine Beefless Stew...with most of the ingredients.  I should have measured the broth, as I think I missed about a cup worth (still very good!). Lunch today and the third serving tomorrow for lunch.

A beat up apple in the afternoon, and a 45 minute spin class.

Steamed kale with Old Bay Seasoning, angel hair pasta with TJ's meatless meatballs and no pasta sauce... because I have none. (I may or may not have realized this at the last minute!)


Terra update: no photo yet, as she is spending her time underfoot.  I think her vision is failing, and so she is trying to figure out her new environment.  As soon as I stand up, she's following me.  A few more days, and she'll be adjusted!

8 comments:

  1. That pile of undressed past is sad, sad, sad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Skinny Bitch Beefless Beef Stew, but dont love all the steps making it.

    You didnt have any Nooch or EVOO in the house for the Pasta?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remembered why I don't make it more often: while the house smells wonderful at the time, the scent lingers on jackets and in the kitchen for days. Not exactly perfume...

      Delete
  3. Haha I've had these days many times in my life... mostly because I'm too lazy to head out rather than too busy. I'm actually not a huge fan of red sauce for pasta (I really have to be in the mood and it's usually a pomodoro sauce) so that doesn't bum me out so much, ha! At least you do have some green in there and a fruity smoothie :) I am guess this weekend will include a trip to the store?

    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I had quite the trip to the store! Happily restocked and ready for the week!

      Delete
  4. That happens to me too - even when I remember to or have time to go grocery shopping, I can only stretch it so far. But I kinda like scrounging around and throwing things together.
    The stew sounds great. Did you at least have olive oil or something for the pasta?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought that I could do well with the challenge of low produce and cupboard... I did not! Ha ha!

      Delete