Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Like a Lion

January ended with a roar of business, and February carried the echo.  I feel like I didn't get much quiet time over the weekend, as it was one commitment after another.  It was about 10:15pm on Sunday night, as I prepped for bed in a half-awake state, that I realized didn't do my weekend post! Not happening.  I gave myself last night to decompress, as I really needed it.  Thus, I give you - the weekend...
 Running errands = breakfast in the car.  Remy needed to supervise me/ make sure I didn't drop anything.
 Get ready and go: mid afternoon bridal shower...
Home for 15 minutes, out for pho with a friend:

Sunday morning, on the way to spin class - I dug out my car, six inches had fallen overnight.
 Clean, laundry, prep (I didn't go grocery shopping - oops!)

Drove to brother's house for the Super Bowl (Remy went along, too, and asked for Chex Mix). Honestly, I hardly paid attention to the screen. Ha!
(I couldn't properly watch Downton Abbey, I was so tired!)

I took pictures of today's food, but deleted them because they were boring (Vega and water smoothie, orange, cabbage & seitan over brown rice). My food is boring.  I need to go shopping.  But instead, I will go to spin class this evening.  Tomorrow my parents leave for VA, so I will have Terra for a week.  As she is an old lady (15 years old) and cantankerous, I might end up staying at their house - it'll depend on her temperament! See you on Thursday..

10 comments:

  1. Blogger just ate my comment! Wah! Oy, let's try this again.

    Sounds like a crazy busy weekend! At least it was busy with good things! Hopefully you will be able to relax this weekend and catch up on your rest! And you'll have sweet Terra to give you extra pup cuddles and kisses!

    Your meals look so perfect for this cold weather! The breakfast is a really comforting meal and that wrap looks really fantastic. I can't think of a better way to warm up than with a hot bowl of pho and the company of a good friend. I know the snow is annoying and digging out is horrible (oh trust me, I know!) but what a gorgeous picture you captured! The snow looks so pure and beautiful. I didn't want the Superbowl at all but I may have if I had tasty snacks like you did ;)

    Hope your week goes quickly and enjoy your time with Terra! I'm sure Remy will enjoy the company :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Argh! Thanks for writing your comment a second time!

      This weekend should be slightly less crazy - I need downtime!

      Terra is not a cuddler, or even one that likes to be pet. When she was younger, she was all about a belly rub, but in her old age - she prefers to be left alone. Poor lady.

      Delete
  2. Wow! That Breakfast Burrito is right up my alley! and good value. The Pho looks excellent as well.

    I am sure Remy will love spending time with his Aunt Terra this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far he has tried to eat her food, and startled her about 50 times. She's just so old and I think, she's losing her vision. :(

      Delete
    2. Oh no! Just keep her safe from stairs.

      Delete
  3. The breakfast burrito looks fantastic. Was it heated up at all? Still have yet to try the chai...
    The pho looks so great too. Really full of awesome stuff. And I love that bachelorette card! Ha! I can't imagine what was inside.
    Beautiful snow shot. Instead of watching the Superbowl, I took a walk around a nearby reservoir in the snow and (not too cold) air.
    I haven't been going out THAT much, I feel like, but I'm still super beat at the end of the days, and find myself needing a lot more alone time than usual. Hope you get more time to yrself this weekend. The week is halfway over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it was just me. I think it's the cold and the dark. The days seem much shorter...

      Delete
    2. The card was the most scandalous part - the gift was from her registry at Crate & Barrel. Ha!

      Oh my, I need quiet time. I don't know if it's the introvert in me, or the fact that I work in a career that is all about heavy interaction with a lot of humans. Probably both (ironically, many of my colleagues identify as an introvert and social events are poorly attended!).

      Delete
  4. You are a rock star digging out for spin class; I for sure would have taken that as a sign from the universe. I am going to dream about that pho.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the $10 late cancel fee that gets me there. I'm cheap. :)

      Delete