Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Full Tilt

I wanted normal, right? It's January, so it's snowing. Second week of school, therefore, massively busy.  My to-do list for tomorrow is equally as challenging as today's, but I'm not ill or sad - so there will be no complaining! ;)

In a rush (I might have hit snooze twice...) this morning, so breakfast in a mug at school it was - the flavor du jour: cinnamon apple.  Accompanied by Transcendentalist Ralph Waldo Emerson...
 I meal prepped a "winter roast": potato, carrots, brussel sprouts, and Gardein Beefless Tips tossed in green onion dip mix (I used this seasoning packet) and olive oil.  In the oven, and into tupperware:
 An apple and peanut butter upon arrival home.

45 minute spin class, followed by no desire to cook for myself.  I settled on Chipotle, and teetered between sofritas or veggie bowl. The result:
Guacamole (veggie bowl). Wins every time.  

This is how Remy feels about me returning to evening workouts (read: leaving him alone again)
 Message received. Little stinker.

10 comments:

  1. Remy is so cute! I love his little face.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I agree, cute but a real stinker!

      Delete
  2. I can't even deal with Remy's cuteness right now. Message received loud and clear, ha! His haircut looks so cute I feel like need to mention it again.

    Apple cinnamon oatmeal is so good. I got a mini slow cooker for the holidays so I think I need to get some slow cooker oats going this weekend! The winter roast looks so good, perfect for the snowy weather. I may have to copy this and make a dish like this! Perfect prepare ahead dish for the work week. I'm so with you, the veggie bowl wins every time! Although the cilantro overload has kept me from chipotle for a long time.

    I'm so glad you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! Cute and mischievous!

      Oooh, yes - put that slow cooker to work! It's the perfect time of year for it! The roast was great, but I'm glad I only made a small amount. I think three days is definitely my max eating the same lunch!

      I hear ya on the cilantro - they don't put it in their rice anymore, and I've only seen it in the tomato salsa, not the corn. Stop in again and check it out!

      Delete
  3. You have been schooled by a bad-ass little dog. Hime is where you're supposed to be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Home is exactly where he wants me. Or on a walk. Or at a park. Or in a store where dogs can go. Or at my parents house, where he is overfed treats. So basically, with him. All of the time.

      Delete
    2. Good thing you're not like me. I'd just roll the paper back up to use.

      Delete
  5. HAHAHA it took me a minute to see what he had done. That's the excuse I use for not going to a gym all the time. 89 would be so sad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 89 and Remy would be BFFs. They could dogsit each other, and we could go to the gym. ;)

      Delete