Wednesday, December 31, 2014

End of the Season

Greetings from bitterly cold Colorado!  I thought I would end 2014 with a few gifts from Christmas and some dreams for the New Year.
 Calendar, my favorite tea, Caramel Sea Salt Macaroons, and Kale Chips (this flavor isn't their best, but I'll finish the bag!).
 Two different candles (one from Dad, one from my neighbor), the "Forget Me Not" angel in remembrance of my grandfather (my mother, grandmother, and I all received the same one from my aunt).
 The biggest surprise: from my brother, a Lululemon mat.  The only present I asked for: replacement ear buds for my phone (talking on the phone while I clean house is something I enjoy - strange, I'm sure! But my ear buds have been broken since late summer).
It's probably hard to see, but the cover says "2015" on the middle right corner.  I picked up this agenda for the New Year, and have been thinking about how my plans might need to change for the year.  I had hoped to jump the pond once again, this time to visit my friend in France and cousin in Germany.  However, my hospital bills have yet to arrive - and they will dictate everything.  I've come up with some back up plans, and am still planning on going to Florida to see my high school best friend (we haven't seen each other in a dozen years! We text, call, and email but have had plans fall through for visits on numerous occasions.  She is a mother of three young boys, with no spare bedrooms and no means to come visit me!).  Not mention, it's also time to get back to Virginia to see Grandma (my Dad's mother, not be confused with my Mother's family who all live in Kansas).

Outside of travel, I hope to do a little updating around the house (or not - see funding concerns mentioned above! Ha!), get back to embroidery and books I want to read, and continue on my path towards athleticism (tentative first spin class 1/11 - lungs willing).

I'm feeling stronger each day, and am able to sleep a little better each night. I am blessed and continually grateful for what I have, and I love being able to interact with all of you! I'm so excited for what is next! Happy New Year!

7 comments:

  1. Great gifts. Did your brother like the electric kettle? I hope you get back over the pond to France and Germany. Maybe it is worth racking up some debt to live life now. Glad you're on the mend. Talk to you next year! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think he does like it - he told me that he has used it! I would consider overseas again, but it'll all depend on the bills - I have no idea what to expect, other than four digits. I am feeling a lot better, thank you!! Happy 2015!

      Delete
    2. I am wondering how you caught the H3N2. Maybe you could post your theories on that.

      Delete
  2. Ingrid, I need catching up on your health. Are you okay? I hope you have a wonderful new year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, it was fun - the flu which turned into pneumonia. Good times!

      Happy New Year!

      Delete
  3. Looks like you received some really nice gifts! The mat is really nice, I'm sure that was a nice surprise under the tree! I also really like your planner! It's really pretty. I'm definitely looking to get more organized in this coming year!

    I know it must be frustrating to feel like your plans may change due to the medical bills but I hope that you are still able to do some traveling and see your friend from high school. I'm sure that it would be so nice to see her and meet her family! And I'm sure your family in Virginia will be so happy to see you! I hope that your bills don't keep you from doing the things that you had planned.

    I'm glad that you're feeling better and I know you are continue to feel better as every day passes. Wishing you a very happy and healthy new year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Planners are always fun to pick out - full of hope and new starts! I am putting it to good use thus far.

      I feel like I am holding my breath waiting for the bills to roll in - love our healthcare accessibility, but not the insurance companies! Once I know what I have to pay, I can make plans for summer.

      Thank you, Sarah! It's quite the journey, but I'm feeling closer to healed everyday!! Happy New Year! xoxo

      Delete