Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Weekend Half #2

Both yesterday and today were generally lazy.  I worked on my embroidery project, and listened to PBS programs (I am apparently 72 years old on the inside).

Yesterday evening, my neighbor and Frankie came over for chatting and hot tea.

Like most of the nation, I spent as much time as possible hiding from the cold today (a friend stopped by, and I Skyped with my friend in France.  Both great indoor activities!)  I only left the house for a 90 minute class (Cycle/HIIT/Yoga) midday.

Back at home, more general laziness.  Or awkward sleeping, as it was in Remy's case:
I guess I feel rejuvenated enough to go back to work. ;)

My next post will be an important one - Grandpa's surgery is Thursday. They arrive tomorrow.

11 comments:

  1. Good luck for the surgery tomorrow. And there's nothing elderly about a bit of stitching - I have been known to do a bit of embroidery myself...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Joey! Hooray for internet embroidery buddies! ;)

      Delete
  2. After you finish the embroidery project, do you frame it? or make a Pillow? You had a very productive holiday. You are starting to remind me of Zoey on 'Nurse Jackie' with all your positiveness.

    Sure hope all goes well with Grandpa. Nowadays, the surgery is the easy part. It is all the germs that are terrifying, Hope that helps.

    Love the Pup pics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I imagine this project will never see the light of day. I think traditionally it would be just that - framed or made into a pillow. I don't care that much about the result, but the daily practice is cathartic and mindless, which my overactive brain greatly appreciates. I am going to look up this Zoey character, so to determine my reaction. ;)

      Thank you for your well wishes! I am nervous for him. I'm heading over to my aunt and uncle's condo shortly, and will spend the evening with everyone. I expect the mood to be hopeful!

      I figured you would enjoy a little Frankie and Remy action!

      Delete
    2. Frankie looks quite nervous on that big couch.

      Delete
  3. Best wishes to your grandfather tomorrow. I will have him, you and your family in my thoughts.

    16 degrees?!? That is so gross. I'm so not.looking forward to the winter. But hooray for puppy playdates and productivity! The embroidery looks great, you are doing an awesome job :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sarah!!

      The ridiculous cold continues. I dislike it so much!! I can handle 30-40 degrees. Single digits or negative numbers are horrible!!

      Grandma reviewed my embroidery and said it looked good. ;)

      Delete
  4. Remy is tired from his guest! I'm working on learning to knit, but needlepoint is next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! Yes, having to entertain is exhausting. ;)

      Needlepoint looks so difficult, but I would love to learn how to knit!

      Delete
  5. aw cute pups! and your embroidery project looks really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete