Sunday, November 9, 2014

Weekend Half #1

The best part of right now: not having to go to work in the morning! Thus far, my long weekend has consisted of sleeping, household tasks, going to the museum with my brother, and catching up with a couple of friends.  Prior to that, a student teacher gifted me with a vegan breakfast burrito:
 She said her daughter's school sells them at Fundraiser Friday, and picked up a few - including the vegan option for me! So nice!
 Yesterday, I had the bright idea to make a cheezy quinoa broccoli casserole.  I looked at a few different recipes, but ultimately cooked quinoa, added steamed broccoli and made a nooch based cheeze sauce.
 Like all of my recipe-less creations, not quite right but I'll eat it anyway. Ha!
 This afternoon, I caught up with a friend at Steep.  I sat in a faux-leather armchair, and sipped an almond milk pumpkin chai. I felt very autumnal.
Cleanse & Re-Set Update: I also met with my friend (former studio owner) today and discussed my progress, and my plan moving forward.  This is my last week on the discounted month pass to the new studio (I went to a 45 minute spin class with her this morning), and I definitely want to continue! Hopefully she can get me a deal (I can't afford full price).  In the meantime, clean eats and more workouts on the menu!

See you on Tuesday with the remaining half of my weekend!

10 comments:

  1. How nice yr co-worker got you that burrito! (Which I always type buttito) It sounds really good.
    Haha, I totally feel you on recipe-less cooking projects! I never *quite* know what I'm doing, but it's usually edible. I have no idea who these bloggers are who come up with their own recipes, and have them look beautiful and taste like something you'd want to share with the world. I usually just cook the same few things over and over for myself.
    Almond milk pumpkin chai sounds awesome right now but I am already pretty caffeinated... maybe later I'll attempt something like that. (Which will also probably not taste quite right.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Buttito! Ha ha! I bet you could re-create the pumpkin chai!! It seemed to have actual pumpkin puree in it, as the last few sips seemed to be consistent with that.

      And I have no talent in creating recipes, I think that it well established here. ;)

      Delete
  2. Yay, what a great weekend so far! I'm so glad you were able to catch up on rest and sleep. Your meals look really yummy. How nice of your coworker to think of you and bring you t hat yummy looking burrito! I rarely ever come up with my own start to finish recipes, I usually just adapt other people's recipes to my taste! It looks like a great attempt, I would definitely eat that! Are you on pinterest yet? I really think you'd like it! OMG that pumpkin chai sounds like heaven! I want!

    Sounds like you are doing really well with the cleansing and workouts! I hope you are able to get your discounted rate so you can continue to go to her classes! Loving these updates :)

    Enjoy the rest of your vacation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a Vegan Burrito after my own heart. Did you enjoy with Salsa or Sour Supreme?

      Cant say you're doing much relaxing on this vacation. What kind of museum do they have in Denver? Thought the Smithsonian nabbed all the interesting stuff.

      Delete
    2. Sarah - I can some adapting, but I am not good as initial creation of recipes! Ha ha! I need a professional guiding me! I talked to her today about a discounted rate - it sounds promising, she just need to check with the owner (it would be about 40% off!!!).

      Shen - I ate it cold, and with no condiments. Sad, I know. ;) You're right about the best being in D.C. or NYC, but this was a free night at the museum and I wanted to see the new exhibit on whales. Did you know they were originally quadripeds, and the limbs evolved into fins over time?!

      Delete
    3. A COLD BURRITO???? yikes! never heard of such a thing.

      I do seem to recall something about Whale limbs, but these days, I am more into the Vegan Burrito discoveries.

      Delete
  3. almond milk pumpkin chai...does life get better?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have Friday fundraisers with vegan breakfast burritos where you are? That's like some crazy next stage of evolution. I think my cooking may share a lot with yours - when it goes I wrong, I can always eat the evidence!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! That must mean we are not too bad cooking adventurers. ;)

      Delete