Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Repeats

Vega French Vanilla and water, editorial cartoon example in the background (for American Lit classes - they are writing an editorial and creating a correlating cartoon).
 I'll be eating this two more times:
 Sunday's Aloo Matar.

Finally finishing off my bell pepper, onion, and fajita seasoning.  I still have corn tortillas (why did I buy a bag of 36? I am but one woman!)
Grandpa is doing well, and should be out by the end of the week! I didn't see him today, but will tomorrow.  I'm hoping they will be willing to stay in town through Thanksgiving, but they might ask to go home when he is released. *sigh*

Also, my friend was able to secure an affordable(ish) monthly rate at the new studio! I've already signed up for a bunch of classes! (Work/trade is always an option should it get unaffordable, but I just can't commit myself to anything right now.  But perhaps in the future, so I can save $$$).

9 comments:

  1. Great news about yr grandfather! It would obviously be nice to be with him on Thanksgiving but it makes sense he'd want to avoid a big get together
    Great looking onions. How do you cook them?
    Aloo matar still looking great as well. So you used the whole jar up?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Maud! He has been ready to go home for a few days now, ha ha! So, we will make that happen.

      A little cooking spray, add water and seasoning mix.

      I did use the whole jar! It has four servings, so I made enough for four lunches (the last being tomorrow!).

      Delete
  2. i'm glad your grandfather is doing well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad to hear your grandfather is doing well and getting out soon! I too hope they will stay in town through thanksgiving. I'm sure being near the rest of the family would be nice and it would be nice for you to be able to see him.

    Great looking meals and really great news about the studio! That is really great to hear, I know how much you enjoy her classes! That is really great to hear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sarah! He won't be staying, but it's probably better for everyone. They want to be home, and my mom needs a break! Quiet will be good, I'm relieved the whole ordeal is over, and he is well!

      This studio is no joke. Did I mention that it's run by a former marine? I'm scared of his boot camps. And his triceps are the size of my head. Ok, not quite - but you know what I mean! ;)

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the Grandpa share. Guess he has earned the right to spend his holiday anyway he pleases.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I laughed so hard at your previous comment "hospitals are not hotels" because it is so true! Their job is to keep people alive, not cater to them. I like we forget that! ;)

      He'll spend the holiday at his home, in his easy chair, probably sleeping. Incredible, considering what he's been through!

      Delete