Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Blustery Eats

It's crazy windy outside, and has been all day.  I've combated the elements with filling and good for me (kinda!) food.
 Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal

A quick trip to Trader Joe's yielded a lunch...
 Which I took with me and ate in the car after Cycle/Yoga class.  
A friend had asked to meet up at Starbucks not far from where I had class, and wouldn't have enough time to run home between the two events. (Hot green tea, not pictured.)

I have been trying to maintain a lot of my habits from the cleanse, and that includes thinking of food as fuel and leaving out carbs from dinner when possible (as they give us energy, and if I'm not active in the evening, I shouldn't eat them).  However, the occasional exception included this evening and I don't regret it:

Tomorrow I will be extra good, considering that Thursday will be all carbs, all day, every meal. ;)  See you on Thanksgiving!

6 comments:

  1. Was the TJ's Salad as good as something you could make yourself off the WF's Salad Bar?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think not, just because the dressing is what really takes it to another level.

      Delete
  2. Oooh great looking stuff!! I love baked oatmeal, even better with pumpkin! :) the salad always looks so good when I see it at trader Joe's. How nice to meet up with your friend too. Hope you have a great thanksgiving with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think there's a lot to be said for carbs, especially in the form of meat(less)balls! Edamame in salads is also fab.

    ReplyDelete