Saturday, November 29, 2014

At Peace


It has been a long week for our family.  On Monday, my grandfather fell at his home in Kansas, and needed to have his femur glued and pinned - he was sent to the hospital where they did just that.  What we didn't realize at the time, was that he hit his head on the way down.  Thanksgiving evening, we received the phone call: "it's a brain bleed, he only has a few hours."  We cried, we prayed, we spoke to him on the phone (my uncle held the phone up to his ear), and said our goodbyes.
 I am getting through the grieving process knowing that he is no longer hurting, and must be so happy to see all those that left before him, as they walk through endless fields of perfect wheat.

12 comments:

  1. You had so much hope just a few days ago. We all did. I am grief stricken.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second Shen. Your family has been through a lot in such a short period of time. my thoughts are with you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also agree. I am so sorry and sad for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My heart is so sad for you. I'm so incredibly sorry for your loss. He was so strong and put up such a fight through all of this and I know you must have been so proud of him. That picture is a beautiful tribute and a wonderful way to remember him. My thoughts are with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very sorry for your loss. What a lucky man to have had so many who cared for him dearly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everyone, thank you so much for your sympathies and affections. xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Ingrid, I am so sorry for your loss. You and yours are in my thoughts and prayers. Sending hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful picture and words to go with it. I am so sorry, and thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My heart is sad, and I'm literally teary-eyed because that picture looks like it could be my grandpa who passed away 2 years ago. Such a great photo. I'm sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you, ladies. The funeral was this weekend, and it was both beautiful and difficult. Jenny - farming grandpas are the best kind of grandpa. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so sorry, Ingrid. I know how much you love him and hope you're getting through these last few weeks okay. Loss is the hardest thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Molly! It's definitely a process.

      Delete