Sunday, September 7, 2014

Re-stock, Recover, Re-start

This weekend was more than a little R&R, it was a full recovery from the work week.  It started on Friday night with a trip to two stores (mainly because I was indecisive and shopping without a list), three if you count the separate transaction at TJ's Wine Shop.
 Dinner: Super Spinach Salad, one and a half glasses of whichever one it was I opened.
 Saturday breakfast after nine hours of sleep:
 Oat Bran with vanilla, cinnamon, and agave. Iced coffee with almond milk.

Lots of rest throughout the day, and a Rockies vs. San Diego Padres game in the evening.
 ("The Player" is the statue you see, and it is where everyone who doesn't arrive with their friends/family meets before a game.)
Great seats and even greater weather.

Sunday lunch platter (apologies for the out of focus)
Carrots, snap peas, falafel, garlic hummus.

Another beautiful (borderline hot) day today, here's the view from Remy's trip to a park:
Now he sleeps, and I must write lessons...

10 comments:

  1. Does TJ's sell their wine in a separate store? It is all in one store here in Virginia.

    Sleep is a great way to work out all your psychological issues. Such a bummer when you way up though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! Asleep or awake, the issues are there! ;)

      Yes, the TJ liquor store has a separate entrance (but can be reached from inside the store, in addition to outside)!

      Delete
  2. Ugh, I'm so sorry you had such a tough week. I am glad you were able to get sleep and that you were able to recharge! I was right there with you, I actually slept until 8:30 this morning and I rarely sleep later that 6 or 6:30 so I was right there with you. Looks like a nice haul from the store(s) and some lovely meals as well. I'm sure that wine tasted so good ;)

    I'm glad that you were able to have some fun and get to the game as well! The stadium looks really nice and you had great seats. Glad the weather was nice and look at the sky in the last picture! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Today was better, just one day at a time, right?! I hope you've had an enjoyable weekend!

      It's all about the weather; any seats are great when the weather is perfect! I have been so in awe of the cloud formations lately, really beautiful!

      Delete
  3. Looks like quite the relaxing weekend! 9 hours of sleep sounds perfect to me. We had perfect weather all weekend, too. So nice! Extra nice that you were able to enjoy it so much at the game and park with Remy. You really had great seats and I love the view from the park. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Molly! I can't resist flowers and clouds, ha ha!

      Sleep is a great way for me to re-start.

      It sounds like the weather has been pretty spectacular around the nation! A country full of happy people!!

      Delete
  4. Such a gorgeous day! I'm seeing the Rockies on Wednesday when they play the mets! Our tickets are nowhere near as good as yrs look though. Who won the game you saw?
    Lunch platter looks great. The spinach salad does too, but I'm trying not to look at that wine after having drank so much yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The game went extra innings, but the Rockies ended up winning. We're doing very poorly this year, so my guess would be on your Mets!

      A lady my mom knows (they workout at Curves together! Apparently we can all join once we're over 60. Ha!) volunteers to take tickets at the gate. Her compensation includes unsold seats - it's usually two here and two there, but for free tickets - we'll do it! ;)

      Delete
  5. Way to go, Remy; beautiful place for a walk! I am forever going to 3 stores b/c even with a list you know who has the crispest kale, the best price on organic carrots, etc. PS I always squeeze in Wegman's liquor shop for some raspberry beer!

    ReplyDelete