Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Here it Comes

We've had a taste of autumn off and on the last couple of weeks, and today was no exception. In fact, each day this week is progressively cooler with a chance of rain.  That sort of shift makes me change my eating habits! I am already craving more hot food, and I'm not sure I'll have smoothies for breakfast beyond this week.

Work wise, it has been better - we're just so busy! I was gone from the house for over 10 hours today (poor Remy!), and I have work to do once I post this. At least I'm sleeping enough, and doing yoga at home (yes, this means my long day made me miss the class I wanted to take. Trying again tomorrow.)

Frozen banana, strawberry, Vega Vanilla and water:
 Lunch: on Sunday, I roasted green beans, cremini mushrooms, garlic, and cubed tofu in the oven with teriyaki sauce.  Served with brown rice.
During our Faculty meeting, I munched on pretzels provided by the admin.

Dinner:

Perfect for a pre-autumn evening.

See you on Thursday!

11 comments:

  1. I love the change from summer to Autumn! Such a great time of year. That soup look so warming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love autumn, too! Can't believe it's almost here!

      Delete
  2. Roasted green beans are soo good! And mushrooms too. I love that meal. Just made rice last night for the first time in forever so, you're right, the weather is changing.
    The corn soup looks really good as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just had the second helping today; I've had co-workers ask me if it was Chinese take-out. Just take out from my oven. ;) I heart rice.

      Delete
  3. You're so lucky to have that Chili option. The local WFs here have no Veggie Chili, just Adobo Black Bean Soup.

    Glad work isnt as disorganized, but feeling sorry for little Remy:-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I left about an hour earlier today, so not quite as early as I like but definitely better - and now I've finished working from home for the night! Remy lovin' about to commence!

      Delete
  4. We just got hit with the same kind of weather you're having a few hours ago. It went from mid 70's to low 60's and very windy quite fast! Rainy, too. Definitely makes me crave food like that awesome looking chili you got.

    I hope your days gets shorter and not so busy. I know how many hours a teacher can put in, both in school and at home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well here comes some more - it was cool and rainy all morning today! And tomorrow's high is supposed to be 65ish. Aaaah!

      I know you get it! Thanks for love! :)

      Delete
  5. I'm so glad that work has been better this week, but you are still so busy! Poor Remy, I'm sure he misses his Mommy. I'm sure the yoga practice at home helps you with the stress and getting back into a routine with outside classes will be nice too once your work schedule calms down.

    Hooray for fall!! I'm going to be posting my annual getting ready for fall post soon because I'm so excited! The weather has been cooling here a bit too and I love it. Great looking meals, your lunch looks soooooo good! Roasted veggies is one of my favorites and that combination looks great with the tofu. The chili looks really good too! Can you tell I'm excited? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like I'm about to turn another corner, and almost be caught up again. So close! Remy is getting extra attention today, thankfully!

      I love fall, too! I still can't believe that it's almost time, considering we had such a moderate summer (still not complaining!). I can't wait to see your post!!

      Delete