Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Veggetti Review & Outcome

I purchased the Veggetti on Saturday, and spent some time figuring it out this afternoon.  Like all good product reviews, I completed disregarded any instructions and didn't even open the cute little booklet that accompanies it in package.

After a quick rinse, off I went.  There are two blade designations, one for thin and one for thick cut.  I tried the thin cut first.

 It wasn't long after this photo that I could no longer turn the zucchini, thereby leaving a stump "unshreddable".  The process itself was easy and quick, and my fingers didn't feel threatened by the sharp blades.  I gave the thin shreds a quick chop, and made zucchini bread. Delicious, by the way.
Whilst the house smelled wonderfully like nutmeg and baked sweet bread, I turned the Veggetti over and capped the opposite side.  This time, I went for the wide strips.
I made a raw sauce to toss the zucchini noodles: soaked cashews, chopped green onion, nooch, italian seasoning, sea salt and water - in the blender.
 Final product: (also very good)
 Things to know: the side that is not being use for shredding collects debris - so make sure you take off the lid and empty it.  The zucchini "knobs" that are leftover, and too small to shred, are shaped like cones.  The device itself can be likened to a vegetable pencil sharpener.  But I like it, and will definitely continue to use it in the future!

7 comments:

  1. Great endorsement for the Veggetti. I bought a Spiralizer a number of years ago and couldn't do much with it. Might take more coordination for some people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I had a proper rubric, I could grade it appropriately, but I'll give it a generous B+. It's still made of plastic, so we'll see how well it holds up.

      Delete
  2. Yay I'm so happy to hear that this was a good product! I've always wanted a spiralizer but have been too cheap to get one and am seriously lacking space for a large one. I see this one everywhere but have been wary because I didn't know how well it worked. Thanks for showing all of the pictures, I think both sizes look great!

    The zucchini bread looks so fantastic! I bet the house smelled amazing. The recipe looks yummy but I won't lie... I would probably add chocolate chips and walnuts to mine ;) I kind of want to make some now! Did you use the ener-g? I wonder if it would work the same with ground flax seeds? The sauce for your raw pasta looks delicious too! Great review and some great treats came out of it too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The next level up was double the price - so I figured this $15 gadget (use the $5 off coupon at Bed, Bath & Beyond to make it cheaper!!), was worth the experiment. I should also add a big kitchen and more storage to my future residence wishlist. Ha ha!

      I used Ener-G for the eggs, and a combo of applesauce and mashed banana. I did have to use white sugar, as that is all I have - and am luckily almost out. The raw pasta turned out well, and I still have one more zucchini to play with - so we'll see what comes out of it!

      Delete
  3. I'm going to have to keep my eye peeled for this (or something like it). It sounds like it would be very useful and it looks like it works well. I'm glad you're enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a great way to add a different prep method to your vegetable consumption! With your beautiful garden produce - I'm sure you'd find some uses!!

      Delete
  4. We're definitely on some weird food wave length here - I've been toying with getting one of these for ages, and couldn't work out if they were a good buy or not. Glad to hear they are, so I can add one to my shopping list!

    ReplyDelete