Sunday, August 24, 2014

Preview

Laundry, cleaning, prep - it's just like a school year weekend! Yesterday, however, was pretty close to perfection.  I spent the entire day outside: in the morning, catching up with a friend on a Starbucks patio.  In the afternoon and early evening, visiting with co-worker friends (at non-book club, because most haven't read the book - self included. But I was in England during last month's gathering and book assignment, so I get to slide, right?!) in a backyard. Between 70-74 degrees, with a light breeze is my idea of perfection for outdoor gatherings!

With four weeks until the official start of fall, I feel like Saturday's weather was more of a sneak preview of the next season, than the reality of out usual blistery hot summer.  No complaints here.  Food however, has no fall produce in it....
 This pre-made Iced Coffee was on sale, and thus thought I'd give it a try. With vanilla almond milk, it is quite decadent.

 Soy yogurt and peach above, TJ's Chickenless Strips, potato wedges, balsamic greens - and ketchup - below.


The last bite of my Beet Box treats:
I have cooked a batch of the tempeh bacon, and will have it in my sandwiches this week.  You can expect to that in Tuesday's post! For those curious: no students until Thursday, when it is a half day - no full days until Tuesday after Labor Day.  (Again, no complaints. Ha!)  See you soon...

10 comments:

  1. Your weather does sound perfect! We've been having the same temps here, but with high humidity. It's 90% humidity right now. Yuck!

    More great summer eats. The treats from Beet Box always look so good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like a little humidity to keep my skin moisturized, but 90% is too much! We'll send our dry weather to you!

      One of these visits, you have to come into Denver to try Beet Box!

      Delete
  2. I agree, your weather does sound perfect! And what a great way to enjoy it! Sitting on a patio catching up with friends sounds like a perfect weekend activity :)

    Definitely some great looking eats as well! The premade starbucks looks interesting. All of the fruit looks perfect (I need to get peaches!!!) and your dinner is a perfect summer dinner! The greens really brighten and freshen it up too. Definitely a perfect balance. The Beet Box treats are seriously incredible. It reminds me that I have to get to the vegan bakery that opened up super close to my house. Maybe for my bday next month ;)

    Enjoy all of the student free time ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm going to make iced coffee concentrate (it's just double strength, right?) after I use up this bottle. This time of year, iced coffee is really all that I want anyway! Because of our mild temperatures as of late, it has been a comfortable temperature inside my classroom but not chilly enough to warrant hot coffee!

      I think you should definitely visit the vegan bakery!!

      Thank you, I am! :)

      Delete
  3. Being outdoors at the perfect temperature makes me so happy! Despite that, I spend way too much time inside. Good for you!
    That peach and yogurt bowl sounds so summery and looks very pretty. Peaches have been really good this year.
    Beet box brownie still looks incredible. I'd eat that with the iced coffee... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I spend plenty indoors, too - especially with the school year upon us. *sigh*

      I agree - the peaches have been spectacular! Darn, I totally should have had the iced coffee with the brownie!!

      Delete
  4. Beet Box Brownie FTW! All parts of the post prior to that have been forgotten.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You missed some delicious stuff! ;)

      Delete
  5. Sometimes, those days doing almost nothing are some of the best there are. Nothing beats weather on the slide (raining here!) outside when you're inside with a good book and some brownies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That does sound pretty fabulous! We all need "nothing" days each week! ;)

      Delete