Thursday, August 28, 2014

Deconstructed Meals

This post is brought to you by: my morning meal prep.  Whilst preparing my lunch to take to work, the idea to photograph it struck me.  Therefore, here is the whole day - deconstructed!
 Almond milk, half packet of Vega Vanilla, frozen banana, frozen pineapple.
 Tomato, avocado, spring mix, tempeh bacon on wheat.  Carrots.
 Potato (cut into wedges), TJ's Chickenless Crispy Strips ( 4 of them) Unpictured ketchup.
Vanilla Soy Ice Cream Sandwich.

Wasn't that fun? ;)  Woo hoo for a long weekend!!

8 comments:

  1. I like it!! Very cute. And for some reason I like seeing yr almond milk carton :) It's interesting to see the brand boxes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love seeing the regional products, too! So fun!!

      Delete
  2. I want to copy this idea, but I buy most of my food prepared. I will have to dedicate s day to assembling my own meals. (Imitation is the sincerest form if flattery, dont forget)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it!! Well, some of mine was prepackaged, so you can get away with it. ;)

      Delete
  3. It's kind of nice to see deconstructed meals like this! I think it would be especially good for someone starting out in veganism. Much easier for them to see what goes into a meal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent point! I should have tagged it with "starting out in veganism"!!

      Delete
  4. What a cute post idea, I love it! I can imagine how tasty everything looked when it all came together. The avocado looks really beautiful. Have you tried Trader Joe's Teeny Tiny Taters? They are so adorable, like baby fingerling potatoes! You can find them by the potatoes in the produce section. I think you'd like them!

    Lucky you with the long weekend :) I hope you enjoy every second of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to have to look for those teeny taters on my next trip - I bet they are fabulous!!

      I'm running out to KS real quick, so it'll be a little busy, Recap on Monday! Enjoy your weekend!

      Delete