Thursday, August 21, 2014

Continual Adjustment

I'm fairly certain that by the end of next week, I'll have a routine again.  For now, it's all about trial and error! I will admit that I could really use a YogaCycle class right about now. *sigh*  My home practice continues, but it's not what I would push myself to do in a class!  Soon, though, very soon I'll have yoga classes alongside my everyday work schedule! Woo hoo!

Plain soy yogurt and a juice peach for breakfast:

I picked up an iced coffee with a splash of almond milk:
Lunch: leftovers from the last night of the retreat (when I didn't stay for dinner).  One of my vegan colleagues made baked pasta with mushrooms, tofu, and corn (another interesting combo) in a red sauce...
 Still working on this tub of melon, Remy helps with the watermelon.
Whole Foods Tofu Spring Rolls with Peanut Sauce for dinner:

I'll see you this weekend! I can't believe the last week of August is almost upon us!

6 comments:

  1. It will definitely get easier with time and soon you'll be back in the grind like normal. I hope that you'll be able to get to the class with your instructor from the other studio, even if just once a week. I know it'll make you feel so much better and happier.

    Thanks to you and Shen I'm craving peaches so much right now!! It looks amazing. How nice of your co-worker to make that amazing looking meal and share! I will never get enough of melon (except honeydew which I'm not a fan of).

    You are almost done with your first week! So exciting! I'm sure you'll enjoy the weekend very much :) Happy almost Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that is the plan! She is currently out of town, but in two weeks I will be buy a package to her studio whilst using my Groupon package! Yoga classes a plenty!

      Gosh, the peaches are spectacular right now! Honeydew is my least favorite, too. I wouldn't buy it individually, but I do love cantaloupe and watermelon!

      I've already had a nap this afternoon - ha! It's an adjustment, and hopefully this weekend will be enjoyable and restful (if possible!). Happy almost weekend to you, too!

      Delete
  2. I never thought about what teachers have to go through after being off during the summer. It is one of the reasons I dont take more than a day of vacation at a time -- returning to work is just too horrible.

    Sure wish those WFs Summer Rolls would make their way east.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a lot. Not only is it the planning and meetings, but every June you disassemble your room thus making you "move in" and set up in August. But you should definitely take more time off! So worth it! ;)

      I'll trade you the rolls for the Herb Crusted Tofu...

      Delete
  3. I could go for some of those spring rolls. You know how I love peanut sauce! :)

    The melon looks so delicious & colorful. Neither of my girls will eat any kind of melon. I'm glad Remy likes it!

    Peaches and nectarines have been so good. I've been enjoying one of them every day! At least something has been decent this year...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peanut sauce lovers, we are! I should try to make my own - I'm sure it would be amazing!

      Watermelon is the only kind of melon he likes. He spits the cantaloupe out immediately. Ha!

      I agree - at least the peaches have been spot on this year! So juicy!

      Delete