Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Breaking the Seal

Hopefully, I've let enough time pass between my last trip post for us all to mourn the end! Anything I post now will pale in comparison to English countryside and London monuments. *sigh*  Thus, let's rip off the band-aid and talk about today:
Watermelon and a Vega French Vanilla / Frozen Banana / Frozen Mango / Almond Milk smoothie.

Everything bagel, toasted with cucumber and Tofutti (it's under there - this is a big cucumber).

Farmer's Market Root Vegetable (and bell pepper) Hash, with It's Better Than Sour Cream.
Rutabaga, potato, onion, and bell pepper sauteed in veggie broth and seasoned with pepper.

I did go to a midday yoga class at the now dying studio. Before I left, I was told that I could continue to use my fully earned passes.  The new owner cut my number of passes anyway, so I am trying to get in and take the free classes (and not cleaning) while I can. It's still hard to be there, as I've since talked to and seen many former instructors and the former owner herself - but I'm paying off an expensive trip, so free yoga it is.  My last pass expires in two weeks - I bought a Groupon for somewhere new, and will share that experience when it happens.  In the meantime, I'm feeling free (and surprisingly happy) as I walk away from this chapter of my life.

13 comments:

  1. Well, I'm sorry yr no longer walking the English countryside, but yr food situation looks much better these days.
    Rutabaga is something I so rarely buy, and only then from the winter farmers market when that's all there is, and beets. But the dish sounds good! Rutabaga is certainly very English...
    You seem to have made peace with the yoga situation, which is great. Hope the next place you go to is enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I, too, am sorry to not be looking at the English countryside! Interesting offerings at the Farmer's Market recently, and even tomatoes are late to harvest this year. This wasn't my best market dish, but we have to experiment once, right? ;)

      I have made peace, and am ready for what's next!!

      Delete
  2. That is one impressive cuke and, therefore, bagel. I am not mourning the end of your trip because this post is sunny & fresh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sweet of you to say, Abby! This cucumber is ridiculously huge.

      Delete
  3. I agree with FF and Abby, this is a refreshing change from the castles and abbeys. Great job getting back on the yoga horse as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that in the very near future you are able to leave me novel-length comments that appear on the first try. ;)

      Delete
    2. You have no idea the frustration of trying to correct a minor typo and then having to retype e entire thing...THE!

      Delete
  4. Aww I loved your wrap up posts but I also love your food posts :) Welcome back to the grind ;) I agree with everyone, these meals are looking way more colorful than the potatofest your enjoyed in England, ha! I love your outside pics. The watermelon and smoothie are a really refreshing way to start your day and look at the cucumber! Looks so good, and so does the hash!

    I definitely know it must be hard to go to the studio with the new owners but I also understand that every penny of savings counts. I'm glad that you feel at peace with the change and you never know, this new place may be amazing! One day at a time but I'm proud of you for keeping up your practice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear! I felt like my everyday eats would be a letdown after all the recap posts.

      Welp, the saga continues: I found out after posting this that the new owner was upset that I "still had passes", and she thought she "had deleted them". Also in talking with two different people that night, they both described her as "paranoid". To which I decided, "I'm leaving". So, no more free yoga for me.

      Delete
  5. Great summer food! I love how fresh everything is this time of year.

    I hope that the new place greets you with an even better experience than your current. It is sad that you have to start over somewhere else, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've really struggled with the "starting over" part, especially when it comes to yoga because I'm not good. I have yet to activate my Groupon, but tomorrow I will start my free week at the studio where the former owner now teaches. It's not close, so I don't know how realistic it'll be to continue - but at least I'll get a class in with someone I know!

      Delete
  6. Glad you make it back ok! If you ever make it back this way, I promise to show you some good eating! In the meantime, the smoothie looks great, as does the weather.

    ReplyDelete