Sunday, June 8, 2014

The First Summer Weekend

This weekend has been surprisingly quick, and I'll tell you all about it! Saturday morning, bright and early, with the American Heart Association "Heart Walk 5k".  We started downtown, and wound our way through the trendier parts of Denver (LoDo).

 (Finish line pictured below)

They handed out snacks afterwards, including Subway sandwich chunks (they had veggie ones!) and almonds, and lots of water. After fighting the traffic to head back home, I rewarded myself with an hour long massage (the last of my Groupon package! Oh no!).  Whereby, I came home and napped. Ha! What a day.

Dinner from Native Foods:
Southwest Chipotle Chopped Salad.  Apparently in the evolution of dressing labeling, we have gone from "Chip Chop" to "Chop" to nothing.  Next time, they'll just dress the salad for me, won't they?

Breakfast this morning:

I met with some gals from college, whom I see about four times a year and our chat fest got the best of me.  No pictures to be seen, but we went to Olive & Finch, and I enjoyed the roasted beet salad without the cheese.

Cleaning at the studio, followed by pacing myself on the new season of Orange is the New Black.  The weather has been rainy and cool all day, making it un-friendly for long walks.  Thus, Remy has been spending his time like this:
That is supposed be a "back of the couch" pillow, but he makes them into a supportive bed.  Such a stinker.

See you on Tuesday! I hope you've had a great weekend!

12 comments:

  1. I love Remy's hair cut! He's begging for it!

    We're re-watching season one of Orange Is The New Black before starting season two.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, hurry up re-watching season one because I want to talk about season two!!!

      Delete
    2. We're through a few episodes of Season Two. It's holding up well.

      Delete
  2. Remy is just the cutest ever! He looks so comfy, I love it! So sweet, I bet he loves having you around all the time!

    Saturday sounds like the best day ever :) A 5k, a massage and a nap?! Sign me up! No more "Chip Chop?!" Don't they realize how much joy it brings to the blogosphere? How nice that you were able to catch up with your college friends. Sounds like a really lovely afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He wakes up like this... ;)

      I think I'm almost caught up on sleep! Ha ha! I know, I was so bummed about the lack of dressing labeling. Maybe next time!

      It certainly was a lovely weekend! I have a feeling more mellow times are on the horizon, and I welcome it.

      Delete
  3. Such a cute shot of Remy, haha!
    Good for you; who did you do the walk with? Sounds like a leisurely morning. Hope the weather was ok for it.
    Remind me, what are the sauces that come with the salad? Is one a sour cream kinda thing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is definitely king of this mini castle. Ha ha!

      The weather was great, only a little hot towards the second half of the walk. My mother's gym (Curve's) was a sponsor, and her location had a group going. She has asked me once prior to do a different race, but I declined. Thus, this time I felt I should go! I was told several times to "slow down", as my mother's friends are in their 50s and 60s. Ha!

      Chipotle Vinaigrette and a Ranch Drizzle.

      Delete
  4. People with small dogs know that's what happens to couch cushions! It's the dog-loving equivalent of the stylist's pillow "chop." That salad looks really great- regardless of the label snafu...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! You are so right! My parents dog is not allowed on the furniture, and I understand why it would be recommended for big dogs to not destroy the couch - but I'm happy that Remy has free reign of the house!

      Delete
    2. My couch would be so lonely without 89 to snuggle with!

      Delete
  5. Aw, Remy. So snuggly! Emma likes to lay on the back of the couch like that, too.

    Mike had the Southwest Chipotle Chop salad when we were in Boulder and really liked it, although not as much as my Twister Wrap. Really, though, you can't go wrong with Native Foods.

    That's awesome that you did the walk. I hope it cooled off a bit compared to how it was during the week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's like a bed of pillows!

      I haven't tried the wrap, as I can't seem to convince myself to not get the reuben or the salad. Ha! Time to get over that!

      It has been cooler thus far, and I am so grateful!
      I

      Delete