Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Nibbles

My eating pattern today was a little bit scattered.  It started with a Detox Drink (half of a lemon squeezed, water, ACV, cinnamon, cayenne, maple syrup).

 I had some errands to run, and took a little longer than I had expected and my tummy drove the car to Whole Foods for breakfast.
Small Banana Walnut Oatmeal and a "Cool Hand Cuke" freshly pressed juice (cucumber, green apple, lime, and mint).

I took a noon HIIT Ride class, and met with the owner of the studio to work on a couple of projects afterwards.  Thus I brought a couple of snacks with me:

I didn't make it home until after 4pm, and while I was hungry, I didn't want to eat dinner so early.  So, I ate half:
 Coleslaw mix with mandarin oranges and leftover Asian Dressing from last week's salad.

A couple hours later, vegetarian baked beans:

Hopefully my next post will have more organized "meals"! Ha!  See you on Thursday.

9 comments:

  1. The beans sound like they would have gone well along with the salad, so close enough!
    I make much more unhealthy meal choices when hungry enough to have my stomach drive me somewhere, but great choices with the oatmeal and juice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Slaw and beans are essential side dishes to any summer meal. ;)

      Here's why it was healthy: I've had their vegan breakfast burrito, and it is tastes like crap. Ha!

      Delete
  2. Your meals look really great! I'm definitely eying that oatmeal, it sounds so good. Did you get the juice from Whole Foods?! I wish mine had fresh pressed juice. The slaw and beans look really good too. I agree with Maud, you made some really healthy choices despite being so hungry!

    I hope you've been enjoying your first week of vacation!! Can I just borrow a week ;) Just kidding, ha! Soak up every minute, you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, both the oatmeal and the juice were from WF! This location is not one I frequent for anything more than a quick stop, in fact it was not featured in my WF store tour a year or two ago. It's in the middle of the city, and tiny. I'm not sure the locations I frequent have a juice bar...

      I will lend you a week or two, considering it's a solid two months this year, I can be generous! ;)

      Delete
  3. I love that the juice is named Cool Hand Cuke. Ha! Your day looks a lot like mine do. Very scattered & very random. :) Delicious, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right, such a catchy name! Today wasn't much improved in terms of eating at regular times, but tomorrow should improve the odds!

      Delete
  4. Very admirable choices. WFs had Banana Walnut Oatmeal on their hot bar?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is not a usual shopping location for me, and they had three different types of oatmeal. There was plain and one other variety that I don't recall. All labeled "vegan, no oil". To which I thought, "who puts oil in their oatmeal?". $1.35 for the small container. Such a steal.

      Delete