Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Lazy Visit

No working out today, just tackled one household organization project and tidied up a bit as Remy and I had an afternoon visit from my cousin and her husband.  They were passing through Denver on their way to a week long mountain getaway (they live in eastern Kansas) with their two chocolate labs.  We caught up for about two hours while Remy continued to let the dogs know this was his house. Ha! Even though I didn't grab a shot of them while they were here today, use this shot from a year and a half ago to remind you of Cash & June:
Prior to their arrival, I started with the Detox Drink and a bowl of strawberries and banana.

They selected Silver Mine Subs for lunch, so we brought sandwiches back to the house.  I selected the "build your own" option with lettuce, tomato, onion, sprouts, and avocado on wheat. And a kosher dill.
Dinner was inspired by the Farmer's Market veggies I picked up on Saturday.  Oven roasted red potato, carrots, and green onion (tossed in grapeseed oil and black pepper), and a Chickenless Patty.  Dollop of Tofutti Better Than Sour Cream.
It's a good thing Sweet Action Ice Cream has vegan flavors I'd rather not have tonight, as I've been thinking about going all day. ;)

12 comments:

  1. Those labs are so pretty! Funny to see a Christmas shot in June.
    The fruit in the light looks gorgeous, and the sandwich certainly sounds legit. There was a one day sale on avocados here and I might have overdone it but have been eating lots of avo. It's a meal in itself, and when you add sprouts and a soft bun it's even better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! It was the only shot I had on them together. I have one of June from our Easter trip to KS, but chose the Christmas 2012 pic to get both!

      Avocados are on sale here, too. Must have been a bumper crop year! My sandwich was definitely 40% sprouts! Ha!

      Delete
  2. Silver Mine Subs is the place to go when in Denver? Or they're just not foodies?

    What flavors did Sweet Action have that didn't appeal to you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More like it was close and they wanted sandwiches. And they are both carnivores, so this was a good compromise. I've also picked up sandwiches when with my parents and brother!

      Chocolate Brownie & Green Tea are the two current vegan flavors. I would go for a Rocky Road or Mint Chip.

      Delete
  3. I'm guessing they're fans of Johnny & June Cash? Such cuties with cute names to match!

    I've been craving ice cream, too, so I compromised & froze some bananas. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ironically, they named Cash after Cassius Clay but once they decided on adding to the family, they added another layer by calling her June! They are both really well behaved dogs (my cousin and her husband are also high school teachers - only the three of us in the family are! But you know that means we train our dogs! Ha ha!).

      Delete
  4. Aww what sweeties!! Such beautiful pups it must have been so nice to see everyone! So funny that Remy is staking his claim, especially to pups so much larger than him! I love it!

    The bowl of strawberry and bananas looks like a really yummy breakfast and the sandwich sounds good. Gotta love a sandwich with avocado! And that's served with a pickle ;) It's a good thing I don't live near Sweet Action because I would be shoveling that brownie ice cream in my face ;) I'll probably do the same as Molly and freeze some bananas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 12.5 lb Remy vs. 50 lb Cash = No contest. Luckily, he was more of a snot with June and while slimmer and smaller, she runs instead of growling back!

      It didn't come with a pickle, but I couldn't pass up a sandwich without one! Ha ha!

      Yeah, the brownie and green tea flavors just don't do it for me. It's probably better that way!

      Delete
  5. I had to go back and reread the first paragraph because I was suddenly wondering if you loved Christmas so much you kept your tree up since some people do that. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was from Christmas 2012, as I didn't snap a pic of the dogs on Tuesday! In fact, I didn't even snap a pic of my cousin and her husband. Ha ha!

      Delete
  6. I had the same thought - did you decide that you need a second Christmas this month? Such beautiful dogs. I have a real soft spot for labs of all descriptions. Mind you, I could say that about most dogs! Avo and sprouts in a sandwich is always a good thing. Shame about the ice cream though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! Yes, I did make you read it twice! ;) Remy has had quite a few visitors this week, and I imagine he is tuckered out.

      Delete