Sunday, June 1, 2014

Five More

This weekend, all I did was relax. Alright, a few tasks here and there, but really I neglected everything else and recovered from the week.  While I feel a little guilty for not attending a work party and a studio event on Friday, I needed some "me" time.  By Saturday, my inner introvert was feeling ready to join the world and I met a friend for breakfast at City O'City and enjoyed the leftovers for lunch (breakfast burrito with tofu, beans, potatoes, green chile, cashew ricotta).

I don't know what it is about nice weather that makes me crave sushi...
 I picked up one of these, not remembering whether or not I liked it last time:
It's like chocolate frosting, so it'll be around for awhile. (Too sweet for more than one bite daily.)

Also around for a bit:
I have four more bagels sitting around, and another cucumber.  Oh yeah.

Three days with students + Two teacher wrap up days = Summer break.  And yet, it feels so far away....

10 comments:

  1. The breakfast burrito and sauce kinda looks like yr grits with gravy.
    Interesting pattern to eat the sushi in... ! It really is a pretty great warm weather meal. And it's cool because it's filling, but not heavy.
    So that chocolate stuff is like mousse? What's in it? There are some silken tofu mousse recipes online that I've liked a lot. One included melted chocolate chips, which made it sweeter and thicker but other's are lighter and still very good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love a good breakfast! ;) Ha, ha! The sushi pattern happened when I removed the lemon slice, ginger, and wasabi from the tray - and was too lazy to arrange for a photo!

      I need to try and make my own. I think it is the maple syrup excess making my taste buds overload.

      Delete
  2. I've never though of putting cucumbers on my cream cheesed bagel; I'm usually a jalapeno (fresh bagels) or jelly (toasted) girl; this is now officially on my radar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've just made your bagel life 1000% better! ;)

      Delete
  3. Ahhhh one more week!!! I know it seems so far away but it's so exciting! Your inner introvert recovers way quicker than I do, I need a lot more time than that ;) Glad you were able to catch up with your friend over a yummy looking breakfast. The sushi looks so fresh and yummy too. Hooray for bagels! ;)

    Just one more week! Hope it goes quickly for you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can usually handle one-on-one really well, it's just the group setting with lots of small talk (even if I know most of them) that can be very overwhelming, especially when I'm tired and feel the need to be cheery when I don't feel that way. I spent the rest of the weekend alone, minus training a gal to clean at the studio, and a phone convo or two. Very needed, and in fact - I'm ready for another weekend now! Ha ha!

      Delete
  4. Great looking eats. Like you're starting vacation a week early.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I told you that I'd eat out at interesting places once school was out, but I am dying for summer now!!

      Delete
  5. I love those weekends where I can do absolutely nothing. Life is so busy, it's nice to take a break and not feel guilty about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying not to feel guilty about it, as I've been trained to "show up or miss out" instead of "show up or take care of yourself". Thus, "taking care of yourself" equals "missing out" on all the jokes / happenings / excitement, thereby making me "boring".

      Delete