Thursday, June 26, 2014

Double Up

Meals and such from both Wednesday and Thursday! Only the restaurant meals were taken with iPhone, the rest with the Canon - for your consideration. . .
Wednesday: The second half of the Vega Natural Flavor Packet, frozen banana, frozen mango, unsweetened almond milk.

Thursday breakfast:
Lunch both days: fajitas (three just like this)
 Snack:

Wednesday night, I left the studio early and met a friend for dinner at Native Foods (her idea, and she is a carnivore!).  We met a location closer to her, and their menu was different than the location near me.  I seized the opportunity and ordered the Yo Amigo! Taco Salad.
Tonight, I met up with a dear friend who lives in Fort Collins.  We've been trying to catch up since January, and this was our second reschedule! So glad it finally happened.  We met at Rock Bottom Brewery, where I had the Waldorf Salad with no chicken or cheese, and balsamic dressing.  They made up for those ingredients with a lot of apple chips.
 
Remy was very busy today: he went to the groomer's and got stung by a bee (I had to pull the sucker off of his leg while he wailed! I almost cried!).  Poor baby.  It happened tonight, and I called his vet's emergency line to see what I was supposed to do.  So far, no hives.

14 comments:

  1. Remy, feel better! Bees are no fun :-(
    That salad looks so great; I'm a big fan of tortilla strips.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It turned out to be a wasp... Grrr

      Delete
  2. Poor little Remy!!!! Maybe if he had had more hair, the Bee woudn't have gotten his stinger through to his skin?

    Anyway, how was the TJ's Watermelon?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! On the very day he has short hair again!

      Decent watermelon, being early season and all.

      Delete
  3. Aw, Remy. :( I hope he's doing okay. Emma's been stung in the face twice and she's puffed up a bit from it. She always bites at them, which gives me a huge amount of stress!

    I love that they put so many apple chips on the salad. It looks really good! Mike love the Yo Amigo salad. :) The fajitas look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ack! Poor Emma!

      P.S. I'll miss your blog posts, but I understand the need to change in a way that works best! Still sad, though.

      Delete
  4. Aw, poor Remy! I hope he stays well. Looks like you've been eating well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Blessed Mama! Yes, he did recover. A bit scary.

      Delete
  5. Oh no! Yuck, poor Remy. I can't believe it got stuck in him, augh. Haxan would probably have run away from the bee.
    What a cute little ice cream sandwich.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was just sitting, so I'm thinking the wasp (turned out to be that instead of a bee) must have crawled up his leg, was startled by his running into the house, and then promptly stung him when he figured out it was there. :(

      Delete
  6. Oh no!! Poor sweet Remy! I can imagine how horrified you must have been to have to pull the bee out but you are such a good Mommy. I'm sending healing vibes his way.

    You definitely had some great meals and the pictures look fantastic!! Are you loving your new camera? You've always taken great pictures but it's so much nicer to have a little more control over them :) The salads look so yummy, especially that Yo Amigo salad! We need a Native Foods on Long Island! How nice that you got to meet up with some friends too :) Catching up is the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In the end it was a wasp, which means it can sting again! Argh! It was a rough night, to be sure.

      I am loving the camera so much! I'm so glad I did it, even if I haven't looked at my credit card statement yet! ;)

      Delete
  7. How's Remy doing now? All OK, I hope - bee stings are not good for man nor beast!
    Snack looks tasty - what is it and how do I get one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happily, he is not allergic to the sting - such a relief!

      Trader Joe's Soy Cream Sandwich!

      Delete